Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Article about: Dear Colleague, in contrast, here is an Austrian Allgemeine SS man, but I think of a higher echelon of command. I think colleague d'alquen originally furnished us this image. My wild guess i

?

Default Re: Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

It's a very normally for the sattelites of the USSR, all that uniform was hidden on the attics or destroyed, due of peoples affraid Schtazi and potential problems. I think the Eastern Germany is still full of hidden objects, due of a lot of unrestored buildings is still present, approx 90% of Leipzig is still untouched, and some buildings still show the traces of the war as the old prewar inscriptions on the buildings and fragmentation- explosion damages.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    For those who wish to own such objects, v Lukacs has this piece for sale. Has anyone examined it? Is it worth this price in the present idiom?

I have not yet seen a uniform from the former GDR area, i.e. Saxony/Erzgebirge. This makes the piece exceptional. That is, the bulk of uniform have originated in what in the years 1945-1955 were US zones of occupation/stationing of troops, or, in the event, the British zone.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    P
    Many

?

I feel that I need to add the link of the thread where the artefact hunters will find and show to us the newely founded black tunics
    Leipzig- untouched town with a lot of artefacts
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I am now told this uniform originally came from the US Midwest. I cannot recall if US troops passed through the Erzgebirge on their way to Bohemia. Of course, US troops made it to Plsen and then withdrew; I also think they withdrew from Thueringen and maybe Saxony, too. I have to check.

Shea had a uniform from Danzig, I think, which violates my rule. I own one from Saaz/Karlsbad, which is also Boehmen.

I take your point on the ex GDR. Leipzig is a nice place with nicer people, in fact. In my experience, the Stasi cleaned out regalia to sell it against DMs and $. They raided militaria collectors and then sold their stuff abroad in the 1970s and 1980s. I have had militaria dealers in Sachsen Anhalt tell me as much.

But I take your point as to many undiscovered treasures.

In fact, as regards my Saaz uniform, the Czechs themselves do not have a black uniform for the ex Sudetenland for instance. What they show with the Heydrich stuff from the Czech army museum is actually from the Allgemeine SS Standarte in Halle/Saale, the birthplace of the hangman of Prague.

So many riddles.

Guys,

This is in the Kolonies book I posted but thought it should be here for reference.

Is it me or does he look a bit like Ade on his avitar? Except Ade is too happy looking compared

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS uniform in wear, 1943   Black SS uniform in wear, 1943  

?

What is the guy's name?

Quote by Walter View Post
    What is the guy's name?
    Walter,

It dosen't give his name, just his appointment which is on the second pic. I guess you would have to look at who held this appiontment at this time (from the 24-29th May 1938).

Jock

?

Actually, I've underestimated my ability to decipher signatures. It's Rümann.

Walter,

I got the R and the u but that was all, very hard to decipher. I think you are correct though.

Jock

I agree with the above. His signature is fairly clear, actually, He was a former admiral in the Imperial Navy, and head of a league to return the former colonies to Germany taken by the Versailles treaty.

Someone can look in the rank lists for his data, surely.

Wilhelm Ruemann, SS Nr. 276 528, promoted to Staf. in April 1936.
    Thus the 1936 rank list....

Can I have his uniform, please?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast