Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Black trapezoid cap insignia

Article about: Hello Members, can anyone give me informations about these cap skull? Where they produced in the last period of third Reich? And why have they bones? Its not a typical WaffenSS skull! Regard

Default Black trapezoid cap insignia

Hello Members,

can anyone give me informations about these cap skull? Where they produced in the last period of third Reich? And why have they bones? Its not a typical WaffenSS skull!
    Regards
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black trapezoid cap insignia   Black trapezoid cap insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black trapezoid cap insignia
    P
    Many

Default re: Black trapezoid cap insignia

I have absolutely no idea as to if this is original or not, I've never looked into cloth insignia. If it is genuine, the skull is just an unusual looking Totenkopf- it's displayed in the same configuration as an SS eagle and skull are on caps. Also, it shows the usual features of a Totenkopf: left-facing skull placed on top of two crossed bones.

Mat

yes, its right. But why is it produced in this poor quality? I mean everything of Waffen SS has RZM stamp/controlling and this looks absolult ugly!

It would make sense that this was made at the end of the war like you mentioned, when quality and expenses would have been cut on most things for the sake of faster production and lower cost. The SS also had 'quality control' on who could join their ranks, but that changed too...

Mat

?

It's called the Pirate trapezoid and was sewn to late war "Dachau" WSS M43 caps.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black trapezoid cap insignia 

?

And it's original
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

'Pirate trapezoid' -haha, my initial impression with this was that it was reminiscent of the 'Jolly Roger'... It's funny also, because the Totenkopf I just bought (my display picture) was used by it's previous owner as a 'pirate badge' as a child in the 1950s.

Mat

Original Dachau found item both loose and on the later wartime black and feldgray M-43 caps.

Bob Hritz