Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Black uniform

Article about: Based on your images, Notton, I would guess this piece you just posted was put together, if the tunic itself, is authentic. This is what I meant with the various pieces found in the collapse

Default Re: Black uniform

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    That is an interesting tunic. Have we talked about the chevron on this one before? I love that old faded colour photo, nice to have that as part of the history of the item.

Cheers, Ade.
    The 2nd chevron is for the Spiess, I think, is it it not as I cannot recall the actual SS designation? The badge appears in various pictures and in Mollo and Angolia.

I own an SS 1 "D" tunic, in fact, but it is not pictured here. My colleague in Texas sent this image to me. It has poetry to it as it reminds me of the beginning of my interest in this material.

I am glad I can add something of interest.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-02-2010 at 05:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black uniform
    P
    Many

You are too modest. I find all your posts of interest, as I know do many others.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    You are too modest. I find all your posts of interest, as I know do many others.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you, Adrian, I appreciate it. We have managed to build something here, especially as I seek key words in the Google, then this site has made its way under your able leadership.

Colleague Hritz has shared some nice images from his fine collection elsewhere here as concerns Austrian collar patches.

sapere aude. This image courtesy of Bob Coleman
    Attached Images Attached Images Black uniform 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The 2nd chevron is for the Spiess, I think, is it it not as I cannot recall the actual SS designation.
    Please allow me to help out: The SS designation for this duty position was Stabsscharführer, if held by an SNCO ranked Hauptscharführer or Sturmscharführer.
    If held by a lower rank it was referred to as Stabsscharführerdiensttuer.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Please allow me to help out: The SS designation for this duty position was Stabsscharführer, if held by an SNCO ranked Hauptscharführer or Sturmscharführer.
    If held by a lower rank it was referred to as Stabsscharführerdiensttuer.
    Danke vielmals.

?

Thank you again everybody for this very interesting thread!
    Cheers. Notton

?

As further on this interesting topic, the following tunic of an SS/SD
    Standartenoberjunker is currently on offer for a hefty sum:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniform  

Quote by Frog View Post
    As further on this interesting topic, the following tunic of an SS/SD
    Standartenoberjunker is currently on offer for a hefty sum:
    But the price was cut, and it would also look very nice next to your black uniform. The ghosts could converse about the need for stronger measures in the turmoil of the 21st century. I hear mine muttering all the time, but then I tell them to shut up in German or I will release the moths on them.

?

Seid still ihr Motten!:-)
    Notton

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    But the price was cut, and it would also look very nice next to your black uniform. The ghosts could converse about the need for stronger measures in the turmoil of the 21st century. I hear mine muttering all the time, but then I tell them to shut up in German or I will release the moths on them.

Ganz richtig! No moths here....exultant peasant women in Westfalen, actually.

Notice "sculls." This is not a "scull" or "deadhead" thread about crimped prongs and strangely shaped "M's" as in in M1/52 and all that, pi pa po. The man wearing his here does not know that it is a desirable collectible yet. The women are also perspiring on his uniform, which makes it foetid. He is, too, for that matter, since it is a lot of work to hold all these exultant peasant women back from greeting Adolf Hitler at the time of the harvest on the Buckeburg. I wonder if any of these people are still alive and what happened to them after this picture was taken in about 1935 or so?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniform  

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast