Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Black uniform

Article about: Based on your images, Notton, I would guess this piece you just posted was put together, if the tunic itself, is authentic. This is what I meant with the various pieces found in the collapse

?

Default Black uniform

Black uniform is the most beautiful uniform of the period!
    Notton
    Last edited by notton; 04-16-2010 at 07:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black uniform
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Black uniform

and the black back pack.
    Last edited by notton; 04-16-2010 at 07:16 PM.

?

and the skull unfortunately without visor cap.
    Last edited by notton; 04-16-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Thank you, Notton, for showing us this interesting ensemble. Here is the label in the pocket intact.

The maker's name in this tunic of yours is noteworthy and violates the regulation, but so what.

The black Affe is also quite interesting, and of early make and quite rare.

The uniform is of later make. The cap badge is a nice piece, too, with a pleasing patina.

As a caution, I would note that many authentic uniforms from either the former USSR or CSSR came to light twenty years ago in a stripped state and have been redecorated. You want to look closely for signs of said process.

But the Verwaltungsamt SS stamps I see in these images look ok to me, but you can only determine same through a personal inspection.

The uniform is missing its cuff title, too, in fact.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniform  

?

Thank you sir, for your input. You are right the uniform is from later maker the VA stamp is 1938 or 39 marked. I can't see exactly.The breeches has its maker mark under the back pocket but also it is unreadable.
    About the cuftitle I can't see any remains of thread or trace of thread. Do you think all SD uniform had a cufftitle? It is a question I can't answer personally ...I think ,but I am not sure, that I saw some period photos of SD without cufftitle in wear...Please give me your thoughts.
    Thank you in advance.
    Notton

Quote by notton View Post
    Thank you sir, for your input. You are right the uniform is from later maker the VA stamp is 1938 or 39 marked. I can't see exactly.The breeches has its maker mark under the back pocket but also it is unreadable.
    About the cuftitle I can't see any remains of thread or trace of thread. Do you think all SD uniform had a cufftitle? It is a question I can't answer personally ...I think ,but I am not sure, that I saw some period photos of SD without cufftitle in wear...Please give me your thoughts.
    Thank you in advance.
    Notton

Dear Sir, thanks for yours. As a rule, the black uniform for the SD should likely have the blank cuff title or other SD specific cuff titles, as in SD Hauptamt and the like (a pretty rare thing). On the grey uniform one sees uniforms without such cuff titles in later images. The absence of a cuff title in the Allgemeine SS meant being in a billet unassigned, but I am not sure how this issue would work in the Sipo and SD, where one surely had a Planstelle. It would not be impossible to restore the uniform with a blank cuff title.

For more on all of this, look in Vol. 5 of Mollo....which says that the blank cuff title signified those in an SD Ober- and/or Unterabschnitt.

Mr. Bruce the Antiquefrog has an SD/Sipo uniform he can show us. I have more than one, too, but my camera is busted and I do not want to buy a new one at tax time. I have posted one of mine elsewhere in a thread in the past month, but now I lost the picture.

Quote by notton View Post
    and the skull unfortunately without visor cap.
    You ought to sell this (cheap) to F-B, he needs it for a visor. (Atleast I believe so. )

Quote by Anders S View Post
    You ought to sell this (cheap) to F-B, he needs it for a visor. (Atleast I believe so. )
    Dear Anders, I would not dream of asking Notton for his cap badge. It is a nice one and he should keep it. When the moment is right to buy these narcotic and insane badges, then I shall do so, but I have other levies on my shrinking monies. I hope you are well and send us more images of cute girls. Or beautiful women. I have to find the image of my uniform, but my computer is a disaster. Thanks to Notton for sharing his treasures with us and congratulations.

your humble, FB
    Attached Images Attached Images Black uniform 

Here is a cap to add Notton's badge to, and reunite the shattered parts of the German past. This not the cap to which Anders S refers, but it is sadly denuded of its cap badges by someone, somewhere, somehow. Anders has better luck with caps, badges and girls than do I.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black uniform 

This uniform has a blank cuff title, but no rhombus, I think.
    This image is not the best, nor is it my property, either. It is that of a Sturmbannfuehrer in Kassel who made his way to France and wreaked havoc on the locals there after ethnically cleansing northern Hessen. Servus, FB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniform  

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast