Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

black uniform in wear, October 1942....

Article about: This man apparently received the Knights Cross of the War Service Cross without Swords in the fall of 1942, no doubt for some great achievement in the agricultural sector.... Ernst Ritter, w

Default black uniform in wear, October 1942....

This man apparently received the Knights Cross of the War Service Cross without Swords in the fall of 1942, no doubt for some great achievement in the agricultural sector.... Ernst Ritter, whose SS unit is unclear.

Notice the black SS uniform in wear well beyond the supposed point at which (according to collector lore) it was replaced by the grey uniform. I assume this man was in a part time billet in the Allgemeine SS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black uniform in wear, October 1942....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black uniform in wear, October 1942....
    P
    Many

Default Re: black uniform in wear, October 1942....

My friend, your subject is Dr. Alfred Eckhardt. Eckhardt was a career Kreigsmarine officer who from the Weimqar Republic era forward served in the administrative branch. He served at the rank of admiral and was the head of the construction department of the Kreigsmarine. As the picture affirms, he was also an officer in the Allgemeine SS. He was awarded the Knight's Cross of The War Service Cross without swords on December 7, 1944. This is the latest photograph I have seen that documents wearing the black uniform throughout the war.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Dear Bob, on the Axis History Forum this photograph is described as being someone else, this Ritter man who was able to restore agricultural land in France to production....how droll.

In any case, thanks for the help and aid.

Here is a cap like he has on his noggin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black uniform in wear, October 1942....  

Here is an image of note from the fall of 1943 with Skorzeny and Zschirnt among others in the Berliner Sportpalast.....

Quote by friedrich-berthold View Post
    dear bob, on the axis history forum this photograph is described as being someone else, this ritter man who was able to restore agricultural land in france to production....how droll.

i stand corrected. The individual is ernst ritter. He has now earned his three seconds of fame on the internet and will soon be once again forgotten.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you. I do not mean to scold you. As you know, I have an interest in black uniforms. The man must have been an associate of Arnold Senior, familiar to you, as well.

Frohes Fest