Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Black uniforms period photos in color

Article about: (There are of course a lot of other uniforms too.) Here are a few. Hitler/Jaeger File source:life - Google Image Search

?

Default Re: Black uniforms period photos in color

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black uniforms period photos in color
    P
    Many

Attached are scans of pics taken in 1972.
    The original collector who turned it from a gun shop in the eastern part of the US no longer owns the tunic.
    It's no doubt still around 'somewhere'. It would be interesting to know who owns it now and if the history of it's discovery has been passed along with the item.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniforms period photos in color   Black uniforms period photos in color  

I think the Fulda Werra uniform (which has an incorrect runic tab here in 1972) later ended up in the collection of Darryl Pajot and maybe was sold further by Wolfe Hardin. It is in the Hayes book of the early 1990s on SS regalia. It is a nice piece. In its later life it had the proper blank patch for the Oberabschnitt level of command in the Allgemeine SS.

Thank you for the image.

These things do raise many wistful memories and spark our imagination as to their present locale.

The truth is also that there are collections of which we know little or nothing and treasures in them. Such collectors surely have a right to their privacy, granted how this world of endless scrutiny (much of it devoid of moral basis and good will) unfolds with ever more brutality.

?

fine and nicely-textured peroration, fb.

I agree many people in the old times seemed happier despite their now frowned-upon (even banned) vices. I myself ride a fast motorcycle.... ;-)

Quote by vady View Post
    fine and nicely-textured peroration, fb.

I agree many people in the old times seemed happier despite their now frowned-upon (even banned) vices. I myself ride a fast motorcycle.... ;-)
    Thanks, dear colleague. I am glad you ride a fast motorcycle. I am in the midst of giving up my sports car, in fact, which is a sign of the strangulation of advanced middle age. I find myself with no inclination to drive in an open car. I am surrounded by people here in the high tech land of marvels who never seem to enjoy themselves at all, except for the handful with the electrical engineering degrees from the neighboring university that is the billet d'entrer to glory. But I am not sure that they are happy or content either. One sees the middle age fatsos alone in their hand built Italian sports cars here, (wives gone... children orphaned) but without the pin up blonde to go with them. What's the point?

I do note, though, that there are just a limited number of serious collectors, with polite manners, who post their things in the internet. We are not confronted with an ever expanding universe of ever more real material of great rarity and pleasant owners of same. Rather, the points of light are pretty few and all the more precious. Thank goodness more and more of them concentrate here. Our friend in Texas has done a nice job of preserving some of the former glories of an ever more remote past.

Happy fetid woolens. Or foetid woolens, I think.

vady a kneedragger?

It's so weird, so moving, to see in such a clear pictures, some brief moments from a time, which for me is mythical

I'm telling you guys, here I am, late into the night, watching those pictures... is just odd. Yep, I know, PATHETIC

Thank you for sharing

?

Quote by Robert H View Post
    vady a kneedragger?
    yeh - a kawi zx-11; heavy bike to kneedrag on tho I manage to get some air under the front tire when die polizei are nowhere to be seen...

?

Hi guys, maybe the below link could be of interest for you:

YouTube - Rare moments of the third reich

Some footage of black uniforms in color, just a few seconds but could still be interesting (stupid music though).

Thanks for this kleine Einlage. The quality of the imagery is better than most of the same film one often sees in You Tube. I am sure the people in these images thought nothing about RZM tags, the metalic finishes on their cap insignia, or the possibility that their clothing would one day cost as much as multiples of their yearly salaries...or whether the pleats in the inner lining of their peaked caps conformed to some imaginary regulation dreamed up in the 21st century. The Germans use the phrase "der schoene Schein" of the III. Reich especially in the few years of the regime when everything was going well. It is remarkable in historical terms how brief all of this really was.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3