Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black uniforms period photos in color

Article about: (There are of course a lot of other uniforms too.) Here are a few. Hitler/Jaeger File source:life - Google Image Search

Default Black uniforms period photos in color

(There are of course a lot of other uniforms too.)

Here are a few.
    Hitler/Jaeger File source:life - Google Image Search
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniforms period photos in color   Black uniforms period photos in color  

Black uniforms period photos in color   Black uniforms period photos in color  

Black uniforms period photos in color   Black uniforms period photos in color  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black uniforms period photos in color
    P
    Many

Tom
    ?

Default Re: Black uniforms period photos in color

The most amazing photos !Thank's!

Tom
    ?

I would give away all of my collection just for a day in Germany in 30's!

Cool pics .... you can see the equipment really nicely...probably the first picture I see of an NSKK crash helmet in wear!! You can also see some gorgets! All in the last pic....

Cheers!

Rob

Here is a black uniform in color, too....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniforms period photos in color  

an actual black uniform in color.....somehow preserved through the ravages of time....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniforms period photos in color  

These pics are from the Hugo Jaeger collection. If I recall correctly, the reason for the clarity of his pics was that he used Kodachrome in lieu of Agfacolor. He buried all his pics in his back yard after the war, and then sold them to Time-Life around 1970. Life released the pics in dribs and drabs over the next 30 years, never allowing the full collection to be published. It was not until the advent of the internet that the full extent of the collection came to be realised.

IMHO, they should all be organised chronologically, and printed on high-quality paper in a multi-volume set, like the Arndt books (which also use Jaeger's pics, but most are Walter Frentz's). Until then, we will have to make do with looking at a video screen.

I actually think Jaeger worked for Heinrich Hoffmann in the latter's firma and Life publishing used these images well before 1970, in fact. They were in the Winston Churchill history of the war published in the 1950s. Certain of these color Jaeger images were, I think, published in the blue series of the Nuremberg rally volumes, for instance that of 1938. In any case, also of interest is the volume of Frentz images that are also in the Arndt volumes. The latter books are politically so over the top as to be somewhat troubling to read. The Germans led the way in the 20th century with press photography and illustrated dailies and weeklies.

From top to bottom, the images are: a.) June or July 1939 annual opening of the House of German Art and celebration in Munich; b.) June 1939 veterans meeting in Kassel, Hessen; c.) Fallersleben 1938 ground laying at KdF Wagen factory; d.) 9 November 1938 oath taking of SS members; e.) Reichsparteitag 1938, SA and SS Aufmarsch and Fahnenweihe.

What physical remnant in these images remains today other than the pictures themselves?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

What physical remnant in these images remains today other than the pictures themselves?
    That we will never know, and this fellow most likely had more than one jacket, however, I like the thought that it is the same.

If someone don't know, it's owned by a forum member.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast