Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Book(s) Detailing Pre-War VT/TK Uniforms/Insignia?

Article about: Mollo's work on the subject aside, could someone please recommend to me an authoritative work on pre-war SS VT/TK uniforms and insignia? Something heavy on color pics of surviving uniform it

ALU
    ?

Default Book(s) Detailing Pre-War VT/TK Uniforms/Insignia?

Mollo's work on the subject aside, could someone please recommend to me an authoritative work on pre-war SS VT/TK uniforms and insignia? Something heavy on color pics of surviving uniform items would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

The three-volume "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" series by the late Michael D. Beaver could be something for you.

Andreas is always right. Mr. d'Alquen has deepened himself in the SSTV well beyond what done by any other scholar.
    The SSTV in the years 1935-1939 hardly constituted a large organization, so the number of surviving, authentic uniforms
    are really very, very small. The Mollo book contains a number of images of the earth brown uniform in wear. I owned one of these cotton drill tunics in
    the style of the black tunic in the 1970s, and the side cap, too. All long, long gone. The Shea Beaver book, as well as the Saris book contains clear images
    of the earth brown caps.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-23-2016 at 02:27 AM.
    damit, basta.

ALU
    ?

Which books would these be exactly?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sonderkommando SSTV - SSOA Südwest Schreiben 1-1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	946668
    Quote by ALU View Post
    Which books would these be exactly?
    The Saris books on headgear from Bender, and the Shea Beaver book on headgear of the SS from Schiffer.

If you read all the relevant threads here, we make constant reference to these items.

Your ambition requires that you look first at the 20th century style sources (the leading books) rather than trying to noodle this topic out on line.

The bulk of SSTV items on line are very fake, and most of the websites copy each others' errors.

As I noted, Mr. d'Alquen has shared the results of his very focused research with us in many posts. I believe he has also

written a manuscript on this topic, but I have not seen it. Maybe someone else has, or he will share it with you.

These SSTV posts are, however, not all in one place....and these posts require more than a beginner's knowledge of the SS.

Andreas is a fine guide through these issues, as he has mastered all of this material in an exemplary way.

Good luck.

PS This document is the result of Mr. d'Alquen's very fine research.
    damit, basta.

Name:	Copy of DSCN1122.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	248.1 KB 
ID:	946657I also own a black peaked cap for an officer of the SSTV which one of the "researchers" wrongly identified as an Allgemeine SS officer. It is on the right.
    damit, basta.

ALU
    ?

Thank you for the recommendations.

Name:	Bundesarchiv_Bild_152-23-09A%2C_Dachau%2C_Konzentrationslager.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	946673
    Quote by ALU View Post
    Thank you for the recommendations.
    You are welcome. Here is an image of the earth brown tunic in wear in 1938, with the man wearing the black peaked cap.
    damit, basta.

Name:	525ef7e166de94c5e9510f78bbe6357b.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	946697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AKG183879.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	946698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qqpjbq.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	946685Name:  eicke2 copy.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  55.9 KBThe SS photographer F.F. Bauer chronicled Dachau over the years, whereby one can somewhat trace the uniforms in this manner.

Peter Jenkins has specialized in SSTV photo albums, and I have snagged as many of the pictures he has shown, and included them often here.

There is no simple or orderly way to secure what you want. And the contradictions are made worse by the neurotic personality of Eicke made more so

by that of Himmler.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-23-2016 at 05:12 AM.
    damit, basta.

ALU
    ?

Thank you for sharing those pics!

What I'm trying to find, and maybe you gentlemen can help, are pics of TV insignia being worn during wartime. I'm also interested in knowing if there are any known examples of earthgray crushers being worn with KZ (hellbraun) waffenfarbe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast