Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bullion cap TK

Article about: I rather like Moscow, myself, and am very fond of Slavic women in general. If it is good enough for Gerard Depardieu and Brigit Bardot, then it is for me, too.

Default Bullion cap TK

Hello all,

Would like to hear what members think about this bullion TK I have in my collection. Any feedback is welcome.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bullion cap TK   Bullion cap TK  

Bullion cap TK   Bullion cap TK  

Bullion cap TK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bullion cap TK
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bullion cap TK

My first impression is i like it. looks good to me. curious what the others have to say.

Bogus and as a side note know the stuff and don't trust everything you see in books.

I would love to have this one in hands, I wouldn't cast It fake immediately.

?

I would not write them off as fake or "bogus" either. The threads look fine IMHO. Some of these "patches" look quite odd at times. Often some people write them off because they lack the "perfect" look of some of the later produces bullion's. As Sid says it would be interesting with a "hands on inspection"

To Robert H i would say that instead of just calling it bogus, it would be most correct to elaborate on why they are bogus. I am aware that there are fake "reference" books out there.

Regards, Lars

Yeah i have seen these types of Totenkopf's in books myself. more than one. I really like the piece.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I would not write them off as fake or "bogus" either. The threads look fine IMHO. Some of these "patches" look quite odd at times. Often some people write them off because they lack the "perfect" look of some of the later produces bullion's. As Sid says it would be interesting with a "hands on inspection"

To Robert H i would say that instead of just calling it bogus, it would be most correct to elaborate on why they are bogus. I am aware that there are fake "reference" books out there.

Regards, Lars
    There are levels on cloth insignias out there I don't talk with anyone about details, and I assume you might know why.
    Is there a buckram behind the embroidery, there are base ringers out there.
    Datrus, I am sure you never have seen the best hand made bullion copy's from the western new world?
    I am sure that would leave you speechless, a look behind the curtain gives you worth input before saying "hands on" what is not needed or the IMHO...
    Do you think all in the background book is OK or right described, have checked out the LAH metal cypher section? Good luck.

?

If you have some secret knowledge about hand embroidered bullion, i understand why you do not share it on a open forum...

I have seen a few good copy's by now. I do not understand what you mean about "the new western world" but i will assume that you think i am some sorry Russian guy that have not really seen much or so. In fact i am Danish and live in Moscow and have done so for a little more than 2 yrs.

A so called hands on inspection often leaves a much better impression than a few pics. As i wrote i am aware that some reference material have been faked or are simply just wrong, so i don't get why you ask me that. So if you still do not want/can't elaborate on why it's a fake, let's just wait for more opinions. I merely tried to draw to your attention that it's good WRF forum ethics to tell why one deems this or that a fake.

Regards, Lars

Robert is referring, I think, to a notorious dealer in southern California. And surely to others, of course.
    Our work here has been of great aid to fakers and makers of naughty things that harm the innocent.
    I own more than the average amount of SS embroidery, and I do not collect loose insignia.
    In real life, with skills of observation with the actual object, I think one can tell the difference.
    In certain cases, I do not divulge all details of a given fake because this added knowledge enables the creeps and goons to improve their wares.
    The computer pictures alone are no basis upon which to collect this material.

I do not understand what you mean about "the new western world" but i will assume that you think i am some sorry Russian guy that have not really seen much or so. In fact i am Danish and live in Moscow and have done so for a little more than 2 yrs.

Lars, that is not right what you think. I respect anyone, I travel allot over the globe every year and meet all kind of people from different nations.
    Was living 2 years in Italy, 10 years in the US, I am German and travel from the US to Poland and from Oslo to Sao Paulo. 2012 I was around 187h in the air and traveled around 3.5 around the globe. Trust me I like mostly foreigners more then Germans.

When the forum would be more protected it might be better to speak. This skull insignias is also discussed on the WAF.
    When Dr. Strangelove has the same view like me, I am sure I am on the right page too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast