Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon

Article about: Hey guys, This afternoon im going to get the SS Sturmmann jacket that i had my eyes on for a while. Its a late 1944 made jacket This jacket was owned by a SS KZ guard, all passes and documen

Exclamation Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon

Hey guys,

This afternoon im going to get the SS Sturmmann jacket that i had my eyes on for a while.
    Its a late 1944 made jacket

This jacket was owned by a SS KZ guard, all passes and documents of this SS guard come with the jacket.

At least i hope to get it, as you all know photo's can only say so much...
    And as i am a young and beginning collector this is a pretty expensive piece for me

But i if all checks out ok, and i have a good positive feel with the jacket i will buy it.

See photos below, and all comments or hints and tricks to keep in mind for me are very welcome and appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon   Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon  

Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon   Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon  

Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon

IMHO, insignia is replaced and the collartabs is improper for KZ guards. The Vinkel is Afrika variation, the shoulderstraps are artillery and not a brown for KZ. The tunic itself is Wehrmacht model M 43, if it could be M40- that will be normal, due of SS used the M40 the same as the Wehrmacht, but after the 1942 year, regular Waffen SS got an own model M 42 and M 43 tunics, and the Wehrmacht type tunics was in use very scarce and mostly by some volunteer units, where the owner previously served in non SS
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The shoulder straps look more like recruiting/feldgendarmerie (orange) to me? Either way, I agree with Dimas, they are not the brown waffenfarbe of the KL. In fact, I think they are bad.

You need detailed pics of all the parts of the jacket and scans of all the documents. Plus a cast iron money back guarantee.

Cheers, Ade.

like i said, pics can only say so much...
    but with your opinions in mind i made a new change in plans.
    today ill take a whole bunch of detailed photo's and shots of the paperwork, will post all here and hope you all will help me decide of its ok, pretty ok, are plain bad..

as i said im a young novice collector and the price tag is 1650 euro so would be a shame to get shafted for that amount.

Thanks alot guys, appreciate it!

That is always the best plan of action

Cheers, Ade.

?

1650 is a bit strange for me for just a SS tunic. Let's calculate
    fair price for stripped tunic M 43 heer- 800 eur, original straps- 300 eur, collartabs, even SD tabs- 350 eur, eagle 180, vinkel- 25
    About 1600....
    I think here is something wrong, and I will make a closer look athe tunic too. From the first pictures I recognize the strange material structure...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

thanks dimas

RUN AWAY FROM THIS DEAL!!!!
    Everything Dimas and Ade have told you is true. If this jacket was a true KZ Lager one, it would be valued over $20,000. Pairing real or fake documents with a fake uniform are an old trick. This tunic looks brand new-which it is.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The price quote on this tunic is too low for a Waffen SS infantry tunic. Nothing about this deal makes any sense. Beware not only of the tunic but also the person selling it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

thnx all....

think i will follow all your advice......
    ......walking away from it

but still im going there in a hour or so...just to hear his story and after letting him brag about this tunic confront him with all you guys mentioned

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast