Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?

Article about: I was wondering if anybody could guess what the patch is on this SS Officer's left arm - below his arm band? I think he is collecting money for a charity. WHW? If you look behind him at the

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?

I was wondering if anybody could guess what the patch is on this SS Officer's left arm - below his arm band? I think he is collecting money for a charity. WHW? If you look behind him at the foto where he is standing up there is a knife/dagger/sword shop behind him. How'd you like to go shopping there?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?   can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?

These are very interesting pictures and surely a task for our friend d'Alquen, who is master of this material. Does it seem that the fellow in question has a 2d badge beneath whatever rhombus is on the sleeve or has he stuck something in the cuff of his sleeve?

I am sure were this man with his collection tin alive today, he would find our interest in him odd.

Thanks for the nice images and the stimulating question.

There is a newish work in German which tries to advance the frontiers of knowledge on Allgemeine SS insignia published by a vest pocket publishing house. I shall enclose the title later. The work contains things I had not seen in 40 years of this racket.

Happy arcane thingies.

A detailed close-up might tell us more but I would say that he wears an SD diamond and, above that, the Ritter von Epp badge on one of the coloured backgrounds for this Freikorps award.
    D.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Unfortunately this foto is such poor quality that I don't think a close-up would work. But I will give it a try. I agree with the SD Diamond. Looking at the foto with a magnifying glass revealed what looks like "SD", but I wan't sure. Thanks for your opinion. Any ideas what he was collecting for? Somebody probably knows by the shape & color of the cup what he was collecting for...

I assume this man is collecting for the same Nazi winter charity as my enclosures here....the professed purpose was the nourishment and care of those in need in wintertime, but it is also likely in certain cases that the funds went for out fitting real estate stolen from non Aryans as well as the purchase of the Gauleiter's Kompressor Mercedes. The sight of all these black caps makes me dizzy. Goebbels got his nice home in Schwanenwerder that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?  can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?  can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer? 

another image of a man in an overcoat and decked out with a rhombus soliciting for the WHW. I would dearly love this man's uniform. I wonder who he was and what became of him and these two nice women? If the caption is to be believed, this image is from 1939 or perhaps later. That is, Kriegswinterhilfswerk.....
    Attached Images Attached Images can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer? 

last one I assume is possible in Berlin, very nice cuffband.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    another image of a man in an overcoat and decked out with a rhombus soliciting for the WHW. I would dearly love this man's uniform. I wonder who he was and what became of him and these two nice women? If the caption is to be believed, this image is from 1939 or perhaps later. That is, Kriegswinterhilfswerk.....
    I failed to mention that this man is from the SS Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt, as indicated by the rhombus and the cuff title.

More on the theme of SS officer in overcoats in service of the winter chairty, in this case Benno von Arendt with AH himself. This man was the Reichsbuehnegestalter. You can win a chance to wear this man's cap and empty out his WHW can if you can translate this nice term. There is an excellent book from Joachimstaler about the organized giving of AH and the people to whom he routinely gave gifts as part of the patronage system in the III. Reich. It is very interesting. One should note further that in the tradition of the SA, this kind of collection of charity or subscriptions or whatever was part and parcel of the roles and missions along with the beating the hell out of one's opponents.
    Attached Images Attached Images can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer? 

?

Was he the director or organiser of these events ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast