Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you gentleman give me your opinion on these SS bullion sleeve eagles (and other items) please?

Article about: Ok, here is my 2p worth. Ned has pretty much summed up the aircraft destruction badge and I would agree with his comments. It would not be for me. The problem is, Vets of all sides have pick

Default Re: Can you gentleman give me your opinion on these SS bullion sleeve eagles (and other items) please?

Ok, here is my 2p worth.

Ned has pretty much summed up the aircraft destruction badge and I would agree with his comments. It would not be for me. The problem is, Vets of all sides have picked up items over the years since WW2 and this can really muddy the waters. I have come across this myself several times over the years. As far as they were concerned the items were original. They honestly would not know about fakes.

The two sleeve eagles are honestly rather crude. Look at the malformed swastikas. Again they would not be for me.

Moving on to the LAH NCO's shoulder straps. The pointed ended strap is the third pattern of strap worn by the SS-VT. However, these were not issued with waffenfarbe piping.

The LAH cuff title is the early pattern from 1940 with light brown lettering. Might be OK.

The 1st SS Standarte "Deutschland" Hauptsturmfuhrer's tabs might stand a chance. Can we see the backs please?

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can you gentleman give me your opinion on these SS bullion sleeve eagles (and other items) please?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss rear.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	219481

IMHO the M5/8 skull-button ( as shown in the other thread ) would already indicate some level of polution among these veteran gifts ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12