Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

cap and picture of note.

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold The Collector's Guild in Canada, aka. Peter Whammond, who I think runs a fine site. i know this site... very well, but i don't find this visor. I see only two black wit

?

I think you have it all F-B. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Yes, I remember this cap well and considered buying it myself when it appeared on the "other" forum. Its a rare example of an early private-purchase cap with a seldom seen combination of materials, and I just love it...

Exclamation

Quote by Arran View Post
    Yes, I remember this cap well and considered buying it myself when it appeared on the "other" forum. Its a rare example of an early private-purchase cap with a seldom seen combination of materials, and I just love it...
    A fine endorsement from a person who well knows his SS material.

I would rather highlight something I think is nice and worthwhile than this endless grinding of: "is it fake?"; "is this dealer a zombie?";"is this 'scull' the 250th made on the afternoon of 7 March 1936?"; et cetera....
    damit, basta.

Quote by Arran View Post
    Yes, it is quite nice . . . and as curious it is, the way these things seem to change hands, I find it equally pleasing to have the opportunity to see the cap once again. Some additional history - the cap was channeled to me back in the early 90's through Houston Coates, and I was told he had recently obtained it in a "Vet Buy" at a military show in Tennessee. Maybe this tidbit of information will prove to be of some benefit to the future owner one day?

?

Looks to have had a quality restoration.

Actually, anything that involves a needle and thread rather than glue is fine with me!

?

What about duct tape Ben? Where does that fit on the " quality repair " scale? :-)

?

Big fan of duct tape actually but it should only be used for kidnapping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kidnapped_anne_hathaway_by_squirrelymagazine-d60rrfr.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	581002  

Ah, duct tape, the universal problem solver. Remember:

All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.

If it can't be fixed by duct tape or WD 40, it's a female problem.

in which site this cap is offered??

Quote by Mauro C View Post
    in which site this cap is offered??
    The Collector's Guild in Canada, aka. Peter Whammond, who I think runs a fine site.
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast