Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering

Article about: Quite without knowing it, I bought and later sold the cap on the left in this picture, now to find, to my surprise, that it appears in the Shea Beaver book. Such are the vicissitudes of coll

Default Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering

Quite without knowing it, I bought and later sold the cap on the left in this picture, now to find, to my surprise, that it appears in the Shea Beaver book.

Such are the vicissitudes of collecting and celebrity.

The cap now has a nice home with a good friend, which is all that matters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering  
    Attached Images Attached Images Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering  Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cap in Shea Beaver book

This cap is in the Wilkins book, but I did not sell it and do not intend to, until the Goetterdaemmerung.

All things considered, I am not sure what it means to own a piece depicted in a book, really.

I am just as happy to own pieces that are completely anonymous, too. This piece here is much nicer than the one above, and especially interesting because it is a kind of Mueller Sonderanfertigung, but with the Mueller logo and an early ish RZM tag.

I posted this here because I am tired of posts about cap badges. Of course, this post includes cap badges, but in context. Naturally, these are authentic cap badges, none of which did I pry off the caps....actually.

I bought the Shea Beaver book in Germany a couple of weeks ago, and to my great surprise found out about my misdemeanor. Also, the images of the cap in the Shea Beaver book are much nicer than the thing looked in real life.
    But the cap is now famous and deservedly so.
    Attached Images Attached Images Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering 

Default Re: Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering

The cap on the right was sold to me as the property of an Allgemeine SS officer with an interesting, somewhat troubled biography. However, the cap actually was the property of an SSTV officer, since the head size of the former did not correspond with the actual cap itself. There were other discrepancies in the bio. that did not fit the cap, in fact. The researcher who sold his product to the dealer made a large mistake.

We can thank Himmler that he insisted that the physical measurements of his SS men be included on the Stammrollenkarte.

My efforts in this connection are now aided by my purchase of a real Nazi cap maker's head size measuring device of extraordinary rarity and importance.

On the lower left is the desirable and interesting NS Jahrbuch, an important source, full of information. This one came with the original NSDAP pencil, an accessory not often seen....alert eyes can detect it here. It contains the title of the book on the pencil itself, and is no fake, to be sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap in Shea Beaver book that went aglimmering  

viz:

No serious collector can be without it, and it surely eclipses certain cap badges and SSTV collar patches in rarity and impact on universal harmony.

This cap is also in the Shea Beaver book. It is the twin of the one on the cover of the Wilkins book, that is, there were two similar or whatever caps from a single personage. The two originated from a source in Delaware or Maryland or something....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    viz:

No serious collector can be without it, and it surely eclipses certain cap badges and SSTV collar patches in rarity and impact on universal harmony.
    FB,

That is a fantastic relic!

Thanks, dear colleague. The device came with this book, of which I am also more proud than a cap badge or a "scull" collar patch. The book makes much of the device to measure head size, which, in turn, is necessary for the cutting of textiles to the proper size et cetera.

I am surely a person of no skill with the crafts or much of anything, really, but the device and the book open vistas to the past that the fussing about the cap badges does not.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks, dear colleague. The device came with this book, of which I am also more proud than a cap badge or a "scull" collar patch. The book makes much of the device to measure head size, which, in turn, is necessary for the cutting of textiles to the proper size et cetera.

I am surely a person of no skill with the crafts or much of anything, really, but the device and the book open vistas to the past that the fussing about the cap badges does not.
    Such wonderful items . . . I agree on the level of pride to which you dedicate to them . . . it would be a real treat to see them in person! Kudos to you - I could not think of anyone better for them to be bestowed upon . . .

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Such wonderful items . . . I agree on the level of pride to which you dedicate to them . . . it would be a real treat to see them in person! Kudos to you - I could not think of anyone better for them to be bestowed upon . . .
    Dear Mr. Wyeth, if you ever in my environs, please let me know, and I shall be happy to show said things to you. Thank you for the kind words and kinder thoughts.

Such makes our site superior to the others, I do sincerely hope.