Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Child’s ss jacket

Article about: My grandfather acquired this jacket from a world war 2 veteran back in the 70s. The veteran took the jacket out of a concentration camp which he liberated. The jacket was then given to my fa

?

Default Child’s ss jacket

My grandfather acquired this jacket from a world war 2 veteran back in the 70s. The veteran took the jacket out of a concentration camp which he liberated. The jacket was then given to my father and we still have it to this day. We know that is came from a concentration camp but not sure which one. I believe the numbers indicate which camp it was made in and if everybody knows I would much like to know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Child’s ss jacket   Child’s ss jacket  

Child’s ss jacket   Child’s ss jacket  

Child’s ss jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Child’s ss jacket
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

That is a first for me. Don't even know what to think about it.

Certainly an interesting item assuming the Vet's story is correct.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A fascinating item to come to light. I'll leave others to appraise the component parts, but in concept a child's size uniform is entirely possible and Heer child size uniforms are known to exist. If authentic I guess there are two possibilties; late war enlisted child soldier's tunic or a novelty uniform for the son of a serviceman.

Photo below of German prisoners taken by Soviets indicate such uniforms existed as early as 1941.

Child’s ss jacket

Maybe it belonged to one of these chaps? ....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Child’s ss jacket  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

It’s definitely authentic we took it to multiple experts who all confirmed it as authentic. Not only that but the veteran also sold my grandfather his American uniform as well. That is now in the possession of my uncle

Yep, not dissing it mate, just having a laugh when all the world is going mad.
    cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Oh lol I didn’t mean to reply to you that was meant for Anderson, Had a pretty good laugh over your comment. I think you might be onto something haha

This reminds me of a book i read a long time ago, "The Mascot" by Mark Kurzem.
    Although i think there are questions about some of the contents of the story.Child’s ss jacket

Quote by danmark View Post
    maybe it belonged to one of these chaps? ....
    :d:d:d:d

CBH
    ?

It its a Model 1944 field service blouse and looks original, I can't explain the small size, but people where smaller then, and late war they where taking kids and old men into the combat ranks. When you see some of the 16 years olds captured by the allies, this uniform is explained. I'd say it shows late-war desperation better then any sloppily made firearm or equipment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast