Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cigarette case - oak - SS POW art?

Article about: Hi, I have just acquired a hand carved, oak cigarette case, with piano hinged lid, showing a number of different designs on the lid, one of which appears to be the Waffen SS collar dog desig

Sceptic4
    ?

Smile Cigarette case - oak - SS POW art?

Hi, I have just acquired a hand carved, oak cigarette case, with piano hinged lid, showing a number of different designs on the lid, one of which appears to be the Waffen SS collar dog design - SS - There are other markings ?naval, scales etc. none of which mean anything to me. Do any of you collectors and students of the SS recognise anything in the designs that might help me trace the origins of the case, please? The pictures are quite clear but I am willing to supply others, if required.
    Many thanks, in anticipation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cigarette case - oak - SS POW art?   Cigarette case - oak - SS POW art?  

Cigarette case - oak - SS POW art?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Cigarette case - oak - SS POW art?

I am going to say nothing to do with the Waffen-SS IMO. I would expect it to scream SS more than it being so low key as this piece is. If I were a proud SS soldier that was spending lots of time on something like this I would make sure that everyone knew that it was SS by maybe placing the runes in the center loud and proud.

Jeff

Default Re: Cigarette case - oak - SS POW art?

I dont think it has nothing whit ss to do, but ho knows there are alot of thos cases out there. And like Feff says if it was ss there woud probely be a skull os ss runes on it.. And then we cut discuss fake or not. But it a lovely case