Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform

Article about: You SS collectors have probably seen this before, but it is a first for me--an A-SS officer wearing the closed-neck A-SS tunic in fieldgray:

Default Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform

You SS collectors have probably seen this before, but it is a first for me--an A-SS officer wearing the closed-neck A-SS tunic in fieldgray:
    Attached Images Attached Images Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform  Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform  Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform
    P
    Many

Default Re: Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform

A good portrait; thanks for sharing. Photos showing personnel from Allgemeine SS units dressed in field blouses are quite rare.

Just for the sake of completeness, allow me to add a translation of the text on the reverse. It says:

"In der Hingabe des eigenen Lebens für die Gemeinschaft liegt die Krönung allen Opfersinns.
    [signed]
    August 1941"

...meaning:

"All sense of self-sacrifice finds it culmination in the giving of one's own life to the community.
    [signed]
    August 1941"

(A quick Google search tells me that this is a slightly incorrect quote from Hitler's "Mein Kampf": It should be "für die Existenz der Gemeinschaft" = "for the subsistence of the community")

?

Note, he wear the Mannschaft type eagle, and most probably something faded on the cuff title, there must be a number, but if someone wants to hide against the German rules?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

A very rare image indeed. Another example of why all field gray uniforms should not be referred to as Waffen SS. I do not believe I have ever seen a closed collar Allgemeine SS uniform in a collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Definately an EM/NCO tunic. Looks like the cuff # has been censored?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

That's a great image.

The shoulder straps look too long for Waffen SS so I take it that these would also be the Allgemeine pattern?

Could this individual have been entitled to wear this tunic based on his Allgemeine rank whilst awaiting his posting to the Waffen SS?

?

Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS UniformVery interesting image. Thanks for sharing it.

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Definately an EM/NCO tunic. Looks like the cuff # has been censored?
    For some reason number, but IMO it's probably Oberbayern scull- but there no connection between the scull and numbered tab in this way
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I have seen grey Allgemeine SS uniforms with the closed collar, but worn open. Very nice image and thanks for the addition. Were the uniform before the average numb skull collector, he or she would have no idea how to analyze it.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    The shoulder straps look too long for Waffen SS so I take it that these would also be the Allgemeine pattern?
    Yes; that's right. Personnel of the Allgemeine SS were not authorized to wear the "Army-style" shoulder boards. These were restricted to the armed SS formations of the SSVT/SSTV/W-SS. (plus the SD/Sipo before its transition to "Police-style" boards)

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Could this individual have been entitled to wear this tunic based on his Allgemeine rank whilst awaiting his posting to the Waffen SS?
    No, this was certainly not the reason. His wearing of a field blouse would have had to do with his current duties - probably directly connected to the war effort - but not with a future W-SS affiliation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast