Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tab. False or orginal?

Article about: Hello dear experts. I need some help about his collar tab.It is ogrinal? Thanks. Peter

Prinzeugen
    ?

Default Collar Tab. False or orginal?

Hello dear experts.
    I need some help about his collar tab.It is ogrinal?
    Thanks.
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tab. False or orginal?   Collar Tab. False or orginal?  

2. # ADS

Default re: Collar Tab. False or orginal?

Hello Peter.

This is not even close to an original SS Obergruppenführer collar tab. From the looks of it, I'd say this was probably done for a small theater group.

Have a look here for an example of an original tab.
    All the best,
    David

Default re: Collar Tab. False or orginal?

Agreed with David, sorry, not even close

Prinzeugen
    ?

Default Re: Collar Tab. False or orginal?

Verry funny answer.
    Great thanks
    Peter

It is certainly not any SS collar tab, but it may be insignia for another country.

Bob Hritz

3mk
    ?

Looks close to a Polish forester patch exept the black part would be green

Peter-
    If you are considering colleting SS insignia, may I suggest that you first invest in books to know what to look for. I would also strongly urge you to read the threads on insignia and learn something before wasting your hard earned money. Here is what a real SS Obergruppenfuhrer tab looks like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tab. False or orginal?  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Here is what a real SS Obergruppenfuhrer tab looks like.

As are these I believe

The 2 pip is a OBERGRUPPENFUHRER and the 3 pip is OBERST-GRUPPENFUHRER

Expensive, but nice
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tab. False or orginal?   Collar Tab. False or orginal?  

OKW
    ?

Very nice patches. If you have time i have a tale to tell regarding the first time i saw and handled items like these. Firstly back to the mid 70's. A friend and i were outside the local,only, militaria shop in Cheltenham Spa drooling at the items in the window. There were on display daggers in the window, chained SS for £35, SA,Luft and Heer £25. More than we could afford, bearing in mind that Ford car workers had recently broken through the £100 per week wage barrier as a first in the country. Whilst we were looking what can only be described as a hippy went into the shop. We carried on looking. After about 10 mins the hippy came out of the shop and scurried off down the road, turned the corner and disappeared. My friend says i wonder if he's done him over, meaning has he robbed the owner. The owner a dour individual who when asked about a pieces authenticity always replied i'm not paid by the british museum to give free valuations. We burst into the shop expecting to see him lying in a pool of blood with his head stove in. What was more shocking was to see the owner smiling. On the counter were 4 sets of patches like the ones shown. One pair was still sewn together, all had the paper tabs to the rear. The owner related that he had just brought all 4 sets for £10 from the hippy. The hippy said his uncle had got them from the bunker in Berlin at the end of the war. The owner was waxing lyrical about the killing he would make by selling them on to the U.S. He also let slip that the hippy said that the uncle had an SS great coat that he would bring in eventually but it was to much trouble at present as it was being used to insulate the cold water tank in the attic. At that point we left the shop and ran in the direction the hippy had gone, of course never to be found. I often think that somewhere in an attic is an SS greatcoat being slowly eaten by moths keeping the water tank from freezing.

Lol..nice story..

About the collar tab you showed,
    Isn't that a austrian early 70's mountain ranger patch?
    I remember one just like yours that i saw a while ago..
    Ill see if i can find some info on wich my humble opinion is based..
    in other words call my mate and see if it is what i think it is..(he is austrian ;p )