Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)

Article about: Hello! I was trying to get some feedback/name/value on items and a valuable member suggest I post my items individually to get a better opinion! All opinions are helpful! Thank you very much

Default Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)

Hello!

I was trying to get some feedback/name/value on items and a valuable member suggest I post my items individually to get a better opinion! All opinions are helpful! Thank you very much to all! :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)   Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)  

Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)   Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)  

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this Collar tab real - #1 - Thank you! :)

No I'm afraid not

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Nick..o boy

at this rank level, pips are metal and attached with prongs and not embroidered as they are here.

the RZM tag is incorrect.

the piping is incorrect and the material on the face of the tab is striated in a way not seen on originals.

again... take a look around. there are examples of Untersturmfuehrer rank tabs that you can use as a standard to compare this one against.

here is one of mine:

the pips seen here are a variant to what is more commonly seen as far as the prongs and other details are concerned, but in general your tab should look like this.

?

Instead of spamming the forum with these you could also research your items in our data base. Not being rude, just saying.

Regards, Lars

Wow! Thanks - I apologize for the spamming.... I'm new! and don't know the ethical way..just yet. Templehof - thank you ! Hello Datrus! Could you please tell me where to click to find comparable stuff.. I'll do it right away. Spamming is over. sorry!

The backboard construction just doesn't match up. No weave pattern and such. Sorry.

?

You really need to be doing some study of originals and buying some reference books they will be a much better investmernt for you before wasting your money on these terrible examples or you are going to be out quite a bit of cash i'm afraid,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Wise words from Paul E.

There are hobbies you can pursue with a learn-as-you-go approach. SS cloth is not one of them.

There are, thankfully, some really great resources out there to include this very forum. An hour perusing the relevant threads here will provide education well beyond what is needed to avoid items such as this.

Here, you need only get an eye for the quality of German embroidery and construction of the period. And an eye for where embroidery is to be encountered and where it is not. At the time, embroidery was at it's zenith. Although you might not see that illustrated in the more basic pieces, it is well apparent across a very wide rang of items. It's a lost art. And a genuine piece will prove that.

I can only add that the RZM tag is not only incorrect, it is a total fantasy pattern. I would advise you take the advice of others on this thread and obtain reference books as collectors have done for 50+ years. Too many newbies feel these forums are a place for free vetting without any personal attempt to self educate.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast