Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Collar tab Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland)

Article about: Collartab with SS 4- Interesting early picture of Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland) -Wachtruppenführter der Ostfriesland Hauptsturmführer Gepphardt

?

Default Collar tab Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland)

Collartab with SS 4- Interesting early picture of Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland) -Wachtruppenführter der Ostfriesland Hauptsturmführer Gepphardt
    Collar tab Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar tab Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland)  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar tab Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland)
    P
    Many

Thank you Dimas for posting an image from a very interesting period when the Politische Bereitschaften were an integral part of the take-over of the Concentration Camp system. I believe that photo of Gebhardt also shows him wearing the old Reichsheer shooting awards.

actually this is the collar tab for the 2 nd Battalion of the Politische Bereitschaft in Hamburg SS2 (latter Germania ) the Second Battalion was formed in spring 1935 (?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar tab Wachsturmbann 4 ( Ostfriesland)  
    Last edited by jimtoncar; 02-15-2018 at 07:41 PM. Reason: more info

please discard my above posting , I am wrong , although this document suggests this to be true d alquen position is correct . The SS trooper used a old picture on the document . Actually I am quite happy to find this out as I have the exact collar tab , so lucky me .

To clarify the points Jim brings up, the collar patch with the runes and a numeral '4' was worn by both the Politische Bereitschaft Nord which was established in Hamburg in 1934 and the guard unit of Esterwegen Concentration Camp during the brief period in 1934 when the various Wachverbaende were included within the Politische Bereitschaften system.
    The document shows a young member of PB 4 after his unit formed the basis for the first battalion of SS'2'.