Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tabs

Article about: Pics of latest set of collar tabs. Comments welcome as ever. Think and certainly hope they are good! Thanks

?

Default Collar Tabs

Pics of latest set of collar tabs. Comments welcome as ever. Think and certainly hope they are good!

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tabs   Collar Tabs  

Collar Tabs   Collar Tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collar Tabs

Hi, sorry but I cannot say I like these at all. The SS Runes are not well executed at all. The piping etc is not tight either. The overall construction, shape of the tabs, is not what I would like to see.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Sorry but i think these are suspect, ibelieve the tabs were made over a template, but these seem to misshapen in the same places leading me to summise that the person who made these was crosseyed and couldnt relate to angles.

?

I know there are some excellent ref books out there but the one i tend to look at is Waffen SS,uniforms and insignia, written by Wade krawczyk and Peter V Lukacs, these pictures are all uniforms and badges taken from museum examples right out of Russia , most still have the Russian inspection stamps on them, and some even have the wearers history attached the condition of these items are truly marvelous even after 60 odd years.

?

I only took these photos last night and all of them are from an 45 deg angle and close up which may lead to some of these comments, i'll take daytime photos and post later today.

thanks

Hi Dave, be a bit wary of that book. There are (like in all books) errors and there are several items which display fake insignia.

Cheers, Ade.

?

See if these look any better.............we'll see!! Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tabs   Collar Tabs  

I am still not keen on them, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for the heads up ade, just goes to show you cant put your trust even in some ref books,you know we must be masochists putting ourselves through all this hassle on a daily basis or perhaps a little MAD,sorry shouted then for a second.

?

I suspect the tabs could be original, but very bad quality made. I prefer not to have this pair in collection, but better closeup pisctures would help
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics