Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Collar tabs - waffen ss - untersturmführer

Article about: Hey everyone, Someone propose to sell me this nice looking SS collar tabs pair and was wondering if they were genuine? They look original to me, but I wanted to have you guys opinions on the

Question Collar tabs - waffen ss - untersturmführer

Hey everyone,

Someone propose to sell me this nice looking SS collar tabs pair and was wondering if they were genuine? They look original to me, but I wanted to have you guys opinions on them before I commit to pay. If not, what are the tricks to detect a fake SS collar tab? Thanks for your expertise!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar tabs - waffen ss - untersturmführer   Collar tabs - waffen ss - untersturmführer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar tabs - waffen ss - untersturmführer
    P
    Many

I am no expert at all on these items, but if they are officers collar tabs, shouldn't there be a piping around the tab? Also the construction and backing look very poor to me.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I am no expert at all on these items, but if they are officers collar tabs, shouldn't there be a piping around the tab? Also the construction and backing look very poor to me.
    Yes, you're right, if they are officers collar tabs there be a piping around the tab, those this mean it fake still?

F-B is the man when it comes to these things.

Alright, thanks guys! I'll assume it's fake then

- - ------- - -

You guys know were I can buy original SS collar tabs at a reasonable price?

No problem!

I know that robertcollectibles.com has more than a pair and he is a nice guy. Of course, they are priced as by the market value they have.

F-B is the man when it comes to these things.
    Thank you, but I only collect these as made more or less from about 1934 until maybe 1939 or 1940.

As the war marched on, surely these were no longer of the quality and construction of what I show you.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you, but I only collect these as made more or less from about 1934 until maybe 1939 or 1940.

As the war marched on, surely these were no longer of the quality and construction of what I show you.
    Of course. I still trust your opinions on a number of years of the TR, as you're such a seasoned collector .

That is a factor to be taken to account, yes. It was universal and usual for all of the sides fighting.

Of course. I still trust your opinions on a number of years of the TR, as you're such a seasoned collector .

That is a factor to be taken to account, yes. It was universal and usual for all of the sides fighting.
    Thank you. Two factors for me are: a.) the Leinleinen, i.e. the impregnated linen backing and b.) the badge cloth facing.
    The Sternchen are a third factor, as well as the quality and make of the alu piping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast