Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Croatian volunteers armshield

Article about: missed out last night at an auction in New Hampshire 2 fez's one red the other field gray took them to \\$1,850.Thay went for \\$2.100 +15% comish O'well cant will them all Thanks Darrell

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: Croatian volunteers armshield

missed out last night at an auction in New Hampshire 2 fez's one red the other field gray took them to $1,850.Thay went for $2.100 +15% comish O'well cant will them all Thanks Darrell

2. # ADS

BandenKampfer
    ?

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    I think there are hardly any originals in USA. Croatian volunteers fought on Russian front and then later at home against partisans. Only Handschar division was in Italy for a while.

Handschar WAS NEVER in Italy.
    You might be thinking of SS-Karstjager.

Some propagandists often confuse the SS-Reichsfuhrer division with Handschar, it's pretty funny.

I think there are hardly any originals in USA. Croatian volunteers fought on Russian front and then later at home against partisans. Only Handschar division was in Italy for a while.
    They are many in the USA as the unissued originals made my Germany were brought back by US Vets.

But if you want to talk about "deployments". Many Croatian/German divisions such as the 369th Kroat did have their NCOs undergo training in France and Germany before Russian Front deployments. Also, some Croatian/German police and engineering Units were in France.

I figured this was as good a place as any to post some pictured relevant to this item.

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    They are many in the USA as the unissued originals made my Germany were brought back by US Vets.

But if you want to talk about "deployments". Many Croatian/German divisions such as the 369th Kroat did have their NCOs undergo training in France and Germany before Russian Front deployments. Also, some Croatian/German police and engineering Units were in France.
    Whole unit was on training in Reich. I can't remember name of exact place right now, but I'll check it. What I said about armshields in USA is only my opinion....

Btw, nice Order of Zvonimr you got there!

Hey thanks! It's my favorite piece. I have medals bars as large as 9, but the Iron Cross with the Zvonimir Medal somehow always holds a special place in my heart. I got it out of Austria and it will be rather hard for me to find something that awesome again as one of my main areas of interest is the interaction between the Germans and Croatians in WW2.

Martin,

These are wonderful photos and I thank you for posting them for all our enlightment.

Bob Hritz

BandenKampfer
    ?

Whole unit was on training in Reich. I can't remember name of exact place right now, but I'll check it. What I said about armshields in USA is only my opinion....

Btw, nice Order of Zvonimr you got there!
    Neuhammer, Germany.
    The divisional patches and fezzes were issued during the last months of their stay there. They can be seen in Jan. 1944 pictures with the Mufti. The Croatian armshields were put on a little bit later prior to moving back to Bosnia.

?

Hi Ade great patch here are my two . the one on the left is a Dachau patch and the other is a uniform removed patch. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croatian volunteers armshield   Croatian volunteers armshield  

Does anyone have the square version patch? Was that meant to be used for officers or something? because I can find no rhyme or reason as to why some had the shield style such as Gary's, and some had the straight edge or square version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast