Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

"Dachau" found insignia

Article about: I have spent over 45 years tracking down veterans. I tracked the members of the units of the 45th Infantry Division who liberated Dachau. I have purchased thousands of pieces of Dachau insig

Default Re: "Dachau" found insignia

He smiles back at us because he has all the answers, but he won't tell us unless we really try very hard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Dachau" found insignia   "Dachau" found insignia  

Attached Images Attached Images "Dachau" found insignia 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Dachau" found insignia
    P
    Many

For those interested in the Verwaltungsamt SS and its progress into economic enterprises, d'Alquen posted some very useful documentary material, as did I in many, many threads on same. There is also a historical research section at Dachau today which must have publications. The existence of the clothing works and depot at Dachau (and elsewhere) is a matter of the historical record with numerous, numerous primary evidence too numerous to list here, but surely beginning with the trial documents for Nuremberg (the blue series) as well as the records of the SS WVHA which have survived and for which finding aids exist on the Bundesarchiv website, as well as many secondary works, some included in this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Dachau" found insignia  

So, besides SS insignia, what else would have been made at Dachau, Waffen-SS uniforms, Allgemeine SS VT / TV tunics, uniforms, SS visor caps ??

AS we know there were a lot of Jewish tailors that would have ended up at Dachau.

Brian

I had to comment on this thread I always come back to it and marvel at Bob's pics!

Thanks Killroy, I missed this thread the first time around. Thank you very much for the collective photo spread Bob. I'm at a loss for words, absolutely extraordinary. A man of your integrity and commitment was a perfect match for this throng, Bob.

Jay

I also have purchased large amounts of this material from vets over the years. The Handschar fez is also a pick-up from the same stores. Many vets found the fez a convenient container to hold collar tabs and cuff titles. Without a doubt, there are still some hoards of this material yet to be uncovered from the effects of 45th Division vets.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4