Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Dachbodenfundus Sta. 41 Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS schwarzer Rock.....with age.

Article about: From elsewhere in the firmament comes this item, which should interest one of you who also has a tunic from this unit.

?

There is a thread on WAF about the tunic. It seems a non collector has the tunic and isn't sure if he wants to sell it It sounds like the owner doesn't know the tunic is SS he thinks it is Hitler Youth.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachbodenfundus  Sta. 41  Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS  schwarzer Rock.....with age.
    P
    Many

I notice there is the usual crop of don't offer him too much money as that will scare the seller off type posts. One suggested offering him 75% of market value but that got poo pooed. No one has mentioned telling the owner that it is SS. It all seems a bit shabby over there and underhand.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by kirby View Post
    There is a thread on WAF about the tunic. It seems a non collector has the tunic and isn't sure if he wants to sell it It sounds like the owner doesn't know the tunic is SS he thinks it is Hitler Youth.
    Thank you. THIS IS NOT MY PROPERTY. I included the images for scientific purposes, but I did not want to engage the discussion on the other forum. I think the tunic is real, as I noted.
    The discourse on the other site is repugnant and hence I did not generalize about it.
    The images have merit, as they show very subtle things that one does not see too often, which I noted. These subtle things are of a uniform from the years 1934, 1935, etc. which are seldom found.

Dachbodenfund= attic discovery. This item was apparently found in Germany recently, which Robert H would better understand, as he is in touch with this kind of thing. I am not. The things I collect come from other collectors via dealers at high prices, and almost never "out of the wood work," but held in old collections. Bob Coleman is my expert on this dynamic, as is David Delich.

?

Right ho, thanks for the heads up.

I will get my mantle and leave this one well alone..

Ben, if you ever want a black uniform, I will sell you one, two or three or more when I dump my collection.

?

I can't think of a better person to purchase one from, thanks FB.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I can't think of a better person to purchase one from, thanks FB.
    Thanks. I am coming closer to the point of ditching all of this, and I know you would give such things a good home.

Happy collecting, blessed stitches as well as the best of the season to you and to all.

I find these images really interesting, no matter what context they are only once (sale or possession) .... in my files I have a invoice, think fits very well with the theme!

Of course, my focus is on the last picture, what FB imagine.

That such a label has survived many years, I find remarkable. Since this is, is only a normal stamp.

(to my image)

It is the only one I know of evidence (in this form), where a manufacturer explicitly refers to the production of SS uniforms.

And to refine the topic just a little.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachbodenfundus  Sta. 41  Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS  schwarzer Rock.....with age.  

Bravo. Wonderful image. thank you. Our colleague H. Rietzel is a real hero for our site. His site deserves your complete and total support.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-14-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast