Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Dachbodenfundus Sta. 41 Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS schwarzer Rock.....with age.

Article about: From elsewhere in the firmament comes this item, which should interest one of you who also has a tunic from this unit.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    As ever, most interesting.

Cheers, Ade,
    ..and, to ride my hobby horse, compare what we amass here in contrast to the competition, especially in this kind of acute, focused material that is unavailable elsewhere.

Adrian has made this all possible for us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachbodenfundus  Sta. 41  Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS  schwarzer Rock.....with age.
    P
    Many

?

Interesting how the Cufftitle is applied over the previous one. Something I haven't seen done on a tunic before.
    It would be nice to see one of these iconic tunics in person, as far as I know there are none here around me.

I assume your receipt is original.
    "Zutaten"" is quite an interesting word on a purchaser receipt for a pair of Pants, wonder what that mens maybe suspenders where included.
    But I doubt this somehow, so I don't know what that word here means in that case.

Below a copy cap and a copy receipt, offered to me around 2008 from a German Bavarian crook who tried to fool me.

?

Quote by Hugo Rietzel View Post
    I find these images really interesting, no matter what context they are only once (sale or possession) .... in my files I have a invoice, think fits very well with the theme!

Of course, my focus is on the last picture, what FB imagine.

That such a label has survived many years, I find remarkable. Since this is, is only a normal stamp.

(to my image)

It is the only one I know of evidence (in this form), where a manufacturer explicitly refers to the production of SS uniforms.

And to refine the topic just a little.
    I like the mundane paper items relating to this hobby nearly as much as the artefacts themselves.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachbodenfundus  Sta. 41  Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS  schwarzer Rock.....with age.   Dachbodenfundus  Sta. 41  Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS  schwarzer Rock.....with age.  

Dachbodenfundus  Sta. 41  Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS  schwarzer Rock.....with age.  

Quote by Robert H View Post
    "Zutaten"" is quite an interesting word on a purchaser receipt for a pair of Pants, wonder what that mens maybe suspenders where included.
    But I doubt this somehow, so I don't know what that word here means in that case.
    I am at a loss as far as the proper English tech term from the tailoring craft is concerned, but in this context Zutaten refers to items used in the manufacture of a piece of clothing other than the actual cloth. (Such as buttons, zippers, buckles, padding, inlays, laces, straps, hooks & eyelets etc.)

The term is actually still used in the present day; for two - wholly random - examples of its use in the online shops for businesses specializing in this field, see:

Abet sp.j. (Deutsch Version)
    https://www.stoff-und-wollparadies.d...i-zutaten.aspx

?

I think I've seen this term "Zutaten" before. On ebay.de, there are hundreds of period rechnungen printed by various firms that are relevant to this topic. Just takes a long time to search through them all.

The ingredients can be

(A distinction is made between)

Textile ingredients that are (Textilezutaten )

Material inserts / collar / collar felt (Kragenfilz) / bands

Cutters ingredients that are ( Schneiderzutaten )

Zippers / Buttons / yarns

Zutaten is a normal tailoring term, as seen in the post by Mr. Rietzel.

The hand writing as well as general appearance of the one receipt versus the whacky August Mueller receipt is very telling. That is, Herr Rietzel's receipt has the handwriting of the era, whereas the fake manifestly does not. You also notice that the price is correct for the breeches, versus the over priced cap, and the man made payments on the breeches. The latter seems quite right to me.

Breeches were expensive and also well made breeches can vary in their details, and some had extras, which surely increased the price.

August Mueller was also.....get ready!......guess what?........... NOT A MUETZENFABRIK........

What a dumb a$$Dachbodenfundus  Sta. 41  Bayreuth d. Allgem. SS  schwarzer Rock.....with age. thing to write.

Die Fa. A. Mueller was a Muetzenmacherei, a Muetzenmacher, that is, under A2.

That is, it was an artisan shop. This being said, they made a lot of caps, but their license in the year 1935 was NOT UNDER A1, i.e. cap factories.

The distinction is an important one, at least in what I know from reading the sources.

Some dumb a$$ fakers also put the A2/143 RZM tag into a black tunic, as well. The silly people.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-14-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast