Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I received this one today and would like to hear what you guys think. I know there is a lot of variance in these tabs. I like the overall construction of the tab as a whole.

?

Default Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab

Hello gentlemen,
    I received this one today and would like to hear what you guys think. I know there is a lot of variance in these tabs. I like the overall construction of the tab as a whole. The Totenkopf itself is unique in its own way. I have spent hours viewing other Dachua tabs like this one and have noticed many differences in eye socket, nose cavity and teeth. The reverse side is unique like some I have seen as well. What so you think?
    Thanks in advance,
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab   Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab  

Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab   Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab  

Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab   Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab
    P
    Many

My 2 cents ;
    the buckram is of a type seen before on reproductions of this tab , as is the heavy overlap and stitching on the reverse .
    The embroidery of the TK is way off as well IMO , so a thumbs down from me ..
    Attached Images Attached Images Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab 

I am not a fan of this tab for the above stated reasons, as well as the size of the TK on the tab itself, seems small for the tab. Take a few more comments if you like but I believe this is going to be one of the reproduction Dachau tabs that have been turning up.

Jeff

?

Well, it is going back to where it came from. Thanks for your opinions! I have been obtaining tabs as of lately and this one and another I was on the fence with.

And yes , there are subtle differences between the originals no doubt , see picture ( by Marc Verstraete ) of some good examples .
    Then now look at the one that started this thread .
    It completely lacks substance & detail in the embroidery , it is flat and characterless , a see-through appearance like a ghost if you will .
    And most easily recognized : the bones are far to THIN compared to originals .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab  

This picture ( by Richard T. ) shows the 3-D effect that you want to see rather well .
    It is not a rare insignia by any means - quite many were found in the Dachau hoards , so no need to settle for a repro ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachua Wool Totenkopf Collar tab  

?

I do not knowingly add repros to my collection. The one that started the thread is being sent back. My concern was the buckram and stitching the left facing eye socket and the rounded parts of the cross bones as well. Thanks for the examples!

My example to compare.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    My example to compare.
    Ralph.
    Very nice one Ralph. Thanks for sharing it.

What is the horizontal line above the Totenkopf?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Very nice one Ralph. Thanks for sharing it.

What is the horizontal line above the Totenkopf?
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge photo.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)