Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Dad's Dachau Stuff

Article about: We recently re-discovered stuff that my Dad brought back from his 3 month stay at Dachau (he was 2nd Lt with the 100th Infantry), buried at the bottom of an old GI duffel bag, and stuffed in

?

I suspect the best way to sell items like that is our classified/auction section. I think you will get what it must worth. For example this section is fit well for this
    Third Reich German cloth and metal Insignia - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dad's Dachau Stuff
    P
    Many

Very nice group John,I wish you all the best with whatever you do with them.Thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

Default More stuff...

Here are more detailed pcitures of the satchel -- Am i right in thinking this is SS? And also a pin I discovered - but not at all sure this is SS. Would be grateful if anyone had an informed opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dad's Dachau Stuff   Dad's Dachau Stuff  

Dad's Dachau Stuff   Dad's Dachau Stuff  

The medal's a Hindenburg cross I believe.

?

The medal you show above is commonly known as the 'Hindenburg Cross' (Ehrenkreuz das Weltkriegs 1914-1918). There is no SS connection there; it was a decoration awarded to veterans of World War I.

A very lucky find. This is a find many collectors dream of turning up for decades and never see it happen to them. Words of caution, you have shown a very desirable and valuable assortment of items. Offers to buy will come streaming in and the wolves will be at your door. The collecting community has many good people, and also it has it's share of crooks, con men, and just rip off artists. Collectors of German militaria can be rabid and persistent with offers. It behooves you to research the many online forums and dealer sites to get some idea of monetary value in terms of full retail if considering selling off the items.

If you have no interest in collecting this can pay off credit debt, pay for that new kitchen remodel, etc. etc. If you do have interest than as advised keep the items and preserve them, learn about them as much as possible and document for future generations in your family. Whichever route you chose, to keep or to liquidate, you have found something many collectors will be very envious of. Your PM inbox will be full shortly I suspect.

a Dream find.Great.thanks for showing it is to us

The map case could be Army or SS. They were universal issue.

From the makers RB code number, I can tell you it was made in Bavaria.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I bet this guys mind is all over place, just a thought maybe loan them to a museum who will look and care for them for you so everyone gets to view them and just remove and sell when you are ready super investment for your children/grandchildren the museum staff should tell you everything you need to know about them, finance depending of course.
    i wish you all the best with them .
    Oh one more thing John,, get it all insured.

?

For those of you who were interested, here is Dad in uniform, pictured with his soon-to-be bride. What a trip to look at these two! I can't imagine what it would have been like to reunite after such an ordeal, so much uncertainty... I don't know if I'll be able to dig up anything of him in the European theatre, but I will try.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dad's Dachau Stuff  

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast