Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??

Article about: hello guy,s.Some days ago got offer from Kurland pocket attic sneaker-: As he said-got it from old house attic,in area where SSNordland divizion fought. Newer before when i made some deals w

Default Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??

hello guy,s.Some days ago got offer from Kurland pocket attic sneaker-:
    As he said-got it from old house attic,in area where SSNordland divizion fought.
    Newer before when i made some deals with him i had no doubt about hi,s honest...
    Arm shield looks to me as Danish.....
    Wish to ask you guy,s for your opinion about this one-cauze somehow i like it and i would like to get it!
    Can some of you post period pics of this in use,maybe some of you know how many danish woluntiers fought in Kurland pocket, and was it normal practice for Danish soldiers to make these by them self?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??   Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??  

Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??   Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??  

Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??   Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??

Few more cents from me-I can,t see eny reasone why somebody should try to make such stuff...without knowing if it could be sold for sure!
    But in fact i,m far away from Danish arm shields-so all opinins wellcome guy,s!!!!!

If its original, it's a style I've never seen before. Although not full proof by any means, a first step you can take would be to see if the white stitching glows on the reverse. Almost seems like they use metal on the front cross to hide this from being discovered IMO.

Certainly home-made and looks period at first glance. It is feasible they were made in the field for strays they conscripted on the way.

Its an interesting one for sure

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

SS Panzer Gren Regt 24 " Danmark " was heavily engaged in Kurland with the Nordland Divison at least the II and II Btl were , but Danes were also in other of the Divisons units !! They were there betwen October 1944 and Jan 1945 and the wearing of the Danish Sleeve shield was common although i have not seen a home made one before.

What exact area was it found in ?

Hopefully some of our Danish members can say if they have seen a similar one before.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I'm Danish, but i have never seen this type of sleeve insignia before. I am sure(if period) it's field made. It does not look like any sleeve patches from the period. Why a soldier would make this i do not know Just because he could? Nice item though. Looks period.

Regards, Lars

Agreed Datrus, as well as this is not an expensive patch. I personal would wait for a "textbook" example.

hello again guy,s.Thankyou for coments!-Stichings are ultralight negative(thats have been checked by friend).
    Found in area of city Liepaja(german ww2 maps LIBAU)-small countryside wilage/town Priekule(german maps PRIEKULN).
    Before i have seen lot of different types Latvian Ss legioners self field/home made arm shieldsand collar tabs,some of ROA field made arm shields,Estonian field made arm shields,but newer before Danish.
    I made some serfing trough internet,looking for ww2 period Danish arm shields in use-only few pics i found-but surpysingly moust Danish armshields in use-looks like home or field made.

?

A nice item as i wrote They are unfortunately very hard to verify as good or bad. Personally i like it.

Regards, Lars

?

Yes Nordland were in the area of Libau and Priekuln and i must admit i like the look of it , i take it the cross looks like it is made from some aluminium field kit ?

Certainly field made items such as this were common on the Nord Ostfront !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast