MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Das Reich, real or fake ? am definitivsten ja !!!!

Article about: on reflection, it would appear when myself and my peers were acquiring this stuff, an easier time was had. there was certainly a lot less chaff and mirrors to sort from.

Default Das Reich, real or fake ? am definitivsten ja !!!!

on reflection, it would appear when myself and my peers were acquiring this stuff, an easier time was had. there was certainly a lot less chaff and mirrors to sort from.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Das Reich, real or fake ?  am definitivsten ja !!!!   Das Reich, real or fake ?  am definitivsten ja !!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Reich, real or fake ?  am definitivsten ja !!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Das Reich, real or fake ? am definitivsten ja !!!!

Hi, I think you are right. In the early days, which for me was the 1970's, many things were just not copied.

I think the real rot set in with the clever range of fakes in the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Das Reich, real or fake ? am definitivsten ja !!!!

Ade,When prices started to rise and the thieves saw that then the repros really hit the market.Now as you know i have seen M/35 SS helmets for anywhere from 6k-18k or so.When this happened over the past years we saw how few real untouched pieces there really were!Now every year and of course long before the hump up and repro artists are pushing the junk out by the ton full.I advise the new guys post any SS item on the forum and let all of us older collectors give it a fair or foul answer on it.Carl