Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.

Article about: Once again top exotic regalia thanks for showing it. timothy

Default Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.

My senior mentor, David Delich, has enjoyed the wide interest in his collection and encloses for your reflection and erudition these images that show him to be a man of taste in matters beyond the ranks of the SS.
    I ask perhaps that my friend Bob Coleman duplicate this thread in his area, as well.

These are tolle Sachen, as the Germans call them....Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.

Thank you very much for the fantastic pictures.

Very educational. The quality of manufacture shines through.

Many thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is no surprise that I would find the author of a post sharing such wonderful treasures to be you, Friedrich-Berthold.

Stunning items from the collection of David Delich, whom I owe a debt of gratitude for having given opinion on items in my collection through surrogates from time to time (I personally have never had the honour of communicating with him directly but nonetheless his help has been of inestimable value).

He is a tremendous aid and resource to collectors.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    It is no surprise that I would find the author of a post sharing such wonderful treasures to be you, Friedrich-Berthold.

Stunning items from the collection of David Delich, whom I owe a debt of gratitude for having given opinion on items in my collection through surrogates from time to time (I personally have never had the honour of communicating with him directly but nonetheless his help has been of inestimable value).

He is a tremendous aid and resource to collectors.
    Thanks. Through a twist of fate, David Delich and I are pen pals. His collection is a true wonder. These are remarkable items of great rarity and historical merit.

What does this emblem signify?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Delich treasures, the third part, varia of singular merit.

these are insignia for the Reich diplomatic corps.

i am absolutely no expert here, but i believe the various borders (whether of oak leaves or lines) and number of stars (0-4) relate to various pay groups.

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    What does this emblem signify?
    These are pay group insigina of the type worn by diplomats and government officials; the base color is corresponding to the uniform on which they were worn.

As Tempelhof has stated, the "stars" and the design of the border/wreath identified the pay group. The top one is for personnel of the pay groups B5 and B6; the bottom one is for those of the pay groups B7 through B9.

These large, elaborate pre-war type insignia were later abolished and replaced by a simpler "stars-only" system where the color, shape and number of the stars worn on the lower sleeve identified the pay group. (= Silver stars with four to five points and gold stars with four to eight points worn in appropriate numbers.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-11-2013 at 07:11 PM.

?

What amazing items. I didn't know of David Delich untill now. Has he written any books? He has some of the most fascinating items I have ever seen.

Cheers, Pat

He has some of the most fascinating items I have ever seen.

Cheers, Pat

A milestone in your maturation as a collector. His collection was the image of the shimmering emerald city in the year 1969.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-09-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast