Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Delivery note

Article about: Hi Guys, although this is a document and not an item or uniform or insignia, I though it was still worth posting here. It refers to a delivery of political prisoners. I "like" (wro

Default A Delivery note

Hi Guys, although this is a document and not an item or uniform or insignia, I though it was still worth posting here.

It refers to a delivery of political prisoners. I "like" (wrong word I know) the way it describes the style of "packaging". But note the absender.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Delivery note  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Delivery note
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Delivery note

Hi Adrian

Cholm, Sobibor, Treblinka... Where did you find this letter? It's very interesting to say the least...

Greetz

Nick VR

In my new favourite place, the online Bundesarchive via Wikimedia. See my thread with link on the subject. But do not click on the link unless you have several hours to spare. You have been warned!

Cheers, Ade.

Where is the link at?

You can see with this document the direct link to the extermination camps and the the SS Bekleidungswerke, which should give sober pause to all, I think. The secondary works on this theme are excellent, especially the Kaienburg book on the SS economic enterprises.

Thank you for posting this.

Hi Jim

Here it its:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...ow-online.html

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi, I this not a delivery note of prisoner clothing!?
    Regards
    Dan

Many thanks for the link.

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Hi, I this not a delivery note of prisoner clothing!?
    Regards
    Dan

Haeftlinge= prisoners. Do you actually read German? Trust me, I do.
    Further, in bureaucratic German used by the rail ways and the SS, the descriptions are somewhat detailed. If this document mystifies you, then read Raul Hilberg's the Destruction of European Jewry as well as the works on the economic enterprises of the SS which were an integral part of the concentration camp system.

The bill of lading is from the German federal archives and its now digitalized data base of documents of German history. The railways especially were a key institution in the extermination of subject peoples in the Nazi New Order of Europe. And, the railways kept good records of which this piece is one from the military transport authorities connected to the railroads. The archives site offered by our colleagues here is a digital resource of far greater value than the random collector picture book with images from certain prestige accumulators of a few cast off uniforms that have lately acquired iconic status.

In connection with the above, one recalls Eichmann's bureaucratic fights with other agencies of the state and party to secure enough rolling stock to transport various nations subject peoples slated for the final solution to just these very extermination camps....

Not an especially edifying holiday theme, but this document is part of the history of our own particular and maybe peculiar interest.

The english language data base of the Bundesarchiv removes any hindrance to many of you deepening yourselves in primary sources of compelling interest and which have been organized by professionals in a systematic manner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast