Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Die Uniformen der Braunhemden

Article about: Apropos contemporary sources on uniforms, here is the publication of the party on its uniforms also from 1933. The volume is often cited, but very rare. I only own a reprint, but it is a won

Default Die Uniformen der Braunhemden

Apropos contemporary sources on uniforms, here is the publication of the party on its uniforms also from 1933. The volume is often cited, but very rare. I only own a reprint, but it is a wonderful source. These images are from the so named website that deals in this kind of literature. The original is quite costly, as it should be, I guess. The reprint serves the purposes of the advanced and sophisticated collector. The book is a kind of dictionary of uniforms, with nice descriptions of things in a contemporary sense.

The reprint comes from Germany and is costly, what with the lousy dollar (..if that is a theme for you...) but still well worth the cost.

Or, buy the original off of this website here indicated. The volume is far more rare than many things that get tossed about here. In more than forty years of collecting regalia and books, I have never handled a copy of this book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Die Uniformen der Braunhemden   Die Uniformen der Braunhemden  

Attached Images Attached Images Die Uniformen der Braunhemden 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Die Uniformen der Braunhemden
    P
    Many

Die Uniformen der BraunhemdenDie Uniformen der BraunhemdenDie Uniformen der BraunhemdenDie Uniformen der BraunhemdenMore of the same....images courtesy P. Jenkins
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Die Uniformen der BraunhemdenDie Uniformen der BraunhemdenHere are SS images from one of the SA cigarette books of the same epoch, i.e. '33-'34

The van Ekeling book has been reprinted, but even it is hard to find nowadays.

A highly recommended period reference indeed.

Luckily, it is also available in electronic form, to be read online or downloaded:

https://archive.org/details/Eelking-...-Die-Uniformen

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A highly recommended period reference indeed. Luckily, it is also available in electronic form:

https://archive.org/details/Eelking-...-Die-Uniformen

Bravo, Andreas, as always you lead the way. And Merry Christmas to you and thanks for all your wonderful work for us all in the year now coming to an end!

Many thanks for your kind words and your own constant efforts and guidance.

Season's greetings and a happy and healthy new year to you and all the other fine members here as well!

Your Knowledge and guidance here is Christmas all year round. In which we are Grateful...Merry Christmas Gentlemen and Colleagues. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Your Knowledge and guidance here is Christmas all year round. In which we are Grateful...Merry Christmas Gentlemen and Colleagues. Regards Larry
    Thanks, dear Andreas and Larry for all you have done this year and a blessed fest and a prosperous and healthy 2015!

As HPL2008 says, a highly recommended reference.
    Eelking is in fact the precursor for the 1936 Organisationsbuch der NSDAP uniform-plates with lots of good
    information. The reprint is somewhat vague.
    I saw Eelking for the first time in 1972 or so when a good friend of mine showed an original one to me for
    the first time. This person largely is responsible for my interest in uniform-regulations. He gave me the
    material to start with. I was allowed to copy from his files all I was interested in!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 12-26-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast