Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

Article about: My thanks to Peter Jenkins for the chance to add this exceptional piece to my collection. I am very fortunate to be able to share with our members my newest accession. The cap is a silk top

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer
    Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    People have the Gaul to attack you and your knowledge,F-B I cant believe it.
    Let us not spoil Dr. CMH's joy in his silken cap and our reflection on the biography of its wearer.

All these SS things arouse strong emotions, I guess, and my Professor Unrat routine causes many to lose their minds.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2016 at 05:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer
    P
    Many

Beautiful cap, congrats! Love the history to a piece as rare as this one.

?

FB and Andreas, thank you so much for your work here and helping an Ausländer put some of this into perspective. My knowledge of the geography of these small towns is about as good as my German so thank you, Andreas, for the insight into his Heimat. FB, I will need time to digest all of this information and perhaps if I may pose some follow-up questions if I have them, however, I don't want to be a bother. I rather like your "Professor Unrat" style, though you and your teachings are anything but "garbage", truth be told.

Please send David Delich my thanks for his positive comments, coming from someone with the finest collection known, this is indeed high praise and I thank him sincerely.

Again, thanks to you and Andreas for aiding me to take a special piece of regalia and carry the fascination and interest in history we all as collectors enjoy to a much deeper level.

"FB and Andreas, thank you so much for your work here and helping an Ausländer put some of this into perspective. My knowledge of the geography of these small towns is about as good as my German so thank you, Andreas, for the insight into his Heimat. FB, I will need time to digest all of this information and perhaps if I may pose some follow-up questions if I have them, however, I don't want to be a bother. I rather like your "Professor Unrat" style, though you and your teachings are anything but "garbage", truth be told. "

Dare I say that Andreas is a close colleague and we spend some time in person setting out strategy of how to perform our role here. I am happy always to help you. In connection with others, if their involvement here is sound and arises out of honest motives, I rather think that we have shown a willingness to help. Biography is a very good way to get all these things, but the average attempt at biography in the hands of those who cannot see the small piece from
    the whole usually ends up short of the mark. Your cap and its story, with its riddles, embodies what we all love and why we are all here learning. Please ask me questions.
    I just reacted off the top of my head to the documents, and without the narrative discipline of my friend HPL2008. Your man witnessed remarkable events and was then likely shafted by the organization which he likely gave his life to in decades of service. These documents are always very interesting, but they take some effort to understand.
    We are all happy to make this effort together in this nice site.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

Let us not spoil Dr. CMH's joy in his silken cap and our reflection on the biography of its wearer.

All these SS things arouse strong emotions, I guess, and my Professor Unrat routine causes many to lose their minds.
    Two images which hold much meaning in this context. Your leadership here is outstanding and enables this place to rise above sites that do shovel much garbage.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Two images which hold much meaning in this context. Your leadership here is outstanding and enables this place to rise above sites that do shovel much garbage.
    Thanks. Our leader is Adrian Stevenson, whose balance of character and fine humor, as well as basic goodness as an Englishman put me to shame over and over.

?

Some more data from this man's file:

A letter of recommendation by one of his superiors (captain and squad leader Richter) with the 3rd Squadron 12. Reiter-Regiment for consideration for a position within the State or Civil services, especially the paymaster's office. He is described, among other things, as diligent, reliable, and in possession of a good sense of order and memory:
    Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

The following is more information regarding his service from 1938 to 1940. The blind optimism of 1938 is ironically notable in his end date for his compulsory service.

?

Fairly decent linkage between the cap and this particular individual.

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerThanks for the further documents. You have his Rw rating officer giving him the upcheck for his time in the Rw as enabling him to find a job in civil service, which was
    normal for NCOs, which this man had been. And if he had been a career NCO in the 100,000 man army, he had to have been pretty good. The standards then were
    quite high and the demands extreme, what with the strictures of Versailles and Seeckt's concept of a cadre army. Saxony was its own realm in the Rw, too, his garrisons I know fairly well.

Hence, logical was the man's move to the Allgem. SS (which was not called such in 1931) and then the shift to the SSVT in 1935.
    To be sure, he was not a Junkerschule graduate and then poster child Waffen SS darling celebrated by the regime and then by collectors to the nth degree, he was a rear echelon man, combat service support, disdained by some but essential to all. His career is very interesting and the documentation is for the person. Often the researchers, such as they, do not get the right case, granted how common names lead to confusion.
    His signature does surely match the name tag.

The military evaluationsDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer in the old army are always a pleasure to read if one is familiar with such things in a contemporary setting.
    The clarity of old military German is also pleasing, something which is now lost forever in the jargon that befouls all leadership and management in
    the 21st century.

And, this man's contract with the SSVT was to have ended in early 1 9 4 9......

Here is a picture of 1 9 4 9, and not as Heini H. imagined it, but as this generation of the unbound and their regime of power and violence ended.

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerAnd granted that the man was a Saxon, he would have ended up in February 1949 in the DDR.

I wonder if there is any trace of him there...?

Would be worth examining.....and wondering if he ended up in the DDR, how did the cap survive...?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-29-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast