Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

Article about: My thanks to Peter Jenkins for the chance to add this exceptional piece to my collection. I am very fortunate to be able to share with our members my newest accession. The cap is a silk top

Bravo. A very compelling and revealing portrait of the career behind the relic. Thanks. Sometimes these research files are wholly wrong, i.e.
    they are for the wrong person granted the names and such. That happened to me, in fact, but it is of no account.
    The cap is a wonder and thanks for sharing it with us and thanks, too, for the fine role you play here.
    The other thread about someone being irritated that we share these things blew my turret off the rest of the tank today.
    Or the toilet seat off the commode, if you will.
    You have a long time ahead of you to collect, whereas I have more or less decided to stop collecting on the grand scale.
    Much good fortune to you and may you find the objects your heart desires and share them with a grateful readership.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer
    P
    Many

My administrative handbook of the Waffen SS adjutant general corps (it was not called that, but that is what it was in US Army equivalents) goes into pay and allowances
    in mind numbing detail.Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

I have a cap for a Heinrici who ended up being in the SSTV as a fairly young commisioning in 1937, and he wrongly was identified as an Allgemeine SS officer, old marcher, old fighter, who had a mediocre SS career and then committed suicide at the height of the war. A sad story, but the hat and the person were two different Heinrici.
    The ranks lists are filled with Smiths and Jones who can easily be mixed. This fact is why it is good to measure the garment and try to corelate it to the person's measurements in the file so you can be certain.

Once more, hurra for the silk cap. They are extremely attractive objects. I bought mine in 1975 and then sold mine in 1980 and bought it back around 2001 or maybe 1999....I cannot recall.
    I paid a fortune for it the second time. It speaks volumes of the Rosebud aspect of all of this that often with these things,
    the brass ring comes by but once in many decades, and then you have to strike. Or that idea is madness, in its purest form, but human folly is a prominent thing.

And once more, the point of this here is so those of you who might not ordinarily see an object of this kind can inspect it as closely as we can enable you,
    without coming over here and ripping it up with eager mitts.Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

When I got it, I had no idea at all as to how rare it was, other than in a vague way, in the imperial period, officers had worn silk caps. Actually, all sorts of genteel
    people of means had worn silk headwear, even and especially women, naturally.....

?

Thank you, FB. I found this glimpse into the original owner’s finances interesting. The base income and children’s allowance summed up as Peacetime Income (?) (Diensteinkommen Frieden) minus a due/compensation amount to EWGG, which I am uncertain as to what that entity was, then forms the Diensteinkommen Krieg, the basis for the income tax on line 11. What isn’t shown is any other allowances that the officer may have received. Surely other allowances were present, clothing, housing, and the like. I wonder if these items weren’t taxable or were they included in the base pay. Riddles for me, that’s for sure. I wonder if this was the “tax return on a postcard” for the NS regime.

EWGG is the regulation on wartime or on deployment pay. It contains all the allowances, which were many. All these extra allowances and so forth are in the army regulations, the so called
    EWGG, see below, but much of my handbook is just that regulation. These people got an extra allowance in war, as do people
    in NATO armies when they are at the front or otherwise deployed. The Wilkins book vastly overstates the cost of clothing for these people. They got
    a generous allowance, and the Kleiderkasse was designed to lessen the burden of debt and so forth.Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

My handbook does not have the chapter on the Kleiderkasse, but it does contain reference to aspects of it throughout as concerns pay and allowances and so forth.
    It is a hoot to read.
    As one who has spent more or less the past forty three years in and around entities of this kind, it is all very familiar to me.
    Needless to say, I did not spend forty three years in the SS, but in NATO armies, as it were, and some non NATO ones, too,
    but military bureaucracy is mostly the same.
    And you had better have a grasp of it, if you collect this stuff.

?

Thank you, FB. I have only worked in the private sector and therefore these things are outside my wheelhouse. It takes someone familiar with military functions to grasp these things ,which, unfortunately, I don’t possess. The closest I come to knowing life in the military was growing up near a Marine base. I spent quite a bit of time with Marines and their children and have fond memories of both. Thank you, as ever, for the information.

Dr. CMH is a smart man and he is not deterred by this kind of detail. Others get angry because of it, since it is hard to fathom.
    You have to fathom it to make sense of the SS, or you are sh!t out of luck.

Like Dr. CMH, I only have a second hand knowledge of military bureaucracy, such as the fifty years it took the Army to realize they owed my deceased father in law a National Defense medal for his service in the mid 60s. My boss was a major in the Army in the 1970s, a West Point alumni. He has told me some tales. Interesting stuff.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast