Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

Article about: My thanks to Peter Jenkins for the chance to add this exceptional piece to my collection. I am very fortunate to be able to share with our members my newest accession. The cap is a silk top

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dr. CMH is a smart man and he is not deterred by this kind of detail. Others get angry because of it, since it is hard to fathom.
    You have to fathom it to make sense of the SS, or you are sh!t out of luck.
    Thank you, FB. I would note that no one finds this kind of topic discussed on the other fora. It is what sets this forum apart and it takes people like FB and Bob Coleman to keep the wheels turning. One MUST fathom these topics to make any sense out of these files in order to place these items we collect into historical context. For me, this is part of the collecting process. It’s not defeating producers of fakes/reproductions that is the challenge, it is holding the item in hand and knowing its context.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer
    P
    Many

I could tell you some interesting things, as well, but I won't here and I won't now.
    We rejoice in Dr. CMH's hat and we can see here how the man might have been able to buy it.
    In his role in Holland, he probably also was able to get a fair amount of swag, which was then sent home.
    There is a very good book on this practice, too, i.e. the ferretting away of local goods by occupation troops to nourish the German home front.Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you, FB. I would note that no one finds this kind of topic discussed on the other fora. One MUST fathom these topics to make any sense out of these files in order to place these items we collect into historical context.

I guess if you asked the average "scull" savant and so forth what does EWGG mean, you would likely not get a very good answer.
    Good luck with all your endeavors, and may your accountant offer your extra ducats to buy another magic black hat.
    I am a task master with the chore of fathoming, since I think that the discipline of the sources, i.e. die Quellenkritik,
    is a great one.

The campaign of annihilation against the fakers is so droll and so repetitive to shatter my spirit.

I mean, how many images of the same fakes scraped from the bilge of ebay can a person seriously examine in the course of a month?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The campaign of annihilation against the fakers is so droll and so repetitive to shatter my spirit.

I mean, how many images of the same fakes scraped from the bilge of ebay can a person seriously examine in the course of a month?
    Quite right!

Thank you, once again, FB, for teaching me something new and filling in the gaps. I know that your professional obligations will shortly call your attention away elsewhere and I want you to know how much I appreciate the time you have taken to participate again. Best of luck on your books and safe traveling.

I will second the good luck and safe travels offered by Dr. CMH. Perhaps someday you could steer me to one of your own books without divulging your identity. I know you like to remain anonymous, but I would be interested in reading your work as I do like reading your posts and have learned some interesting things from them.
    Stay well and enjoy your travels!

?

I found this post by a very fortunate collector on WAF recently. Congratulations on his amazing find of a stripped but quite rare silk-top visor.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Yes, i saw this lovely cap. No doubt it will come up for sale soon on said forum
    Regards, Al

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Yes, i saw this lovely cap. No doubt it will come up for sale soon on said forum
    If it does, it should fetch a nice price for the current owner.

It certainly shouldn’t go for pfennigs.

CMH

?

It is good to know that there is one more silk visor added to the small list of known examples in existence. I hope that the owner restores it and enjoys it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast