Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Dirlewanger collar tab question

Article about: For such a small and notorious unit the DW tabs seem to be plentiful and very reasonably priced. I would have thought they would be a high end item. Any reason they were made in such quantit

Default Dirlewanger collar tab question

For such a small and notorious unit the DW tabs seem to be plentiful and very reasonably priced.

I would have thought they would be a high end item.

Any reason they were made in such quantities?

Also I have seen this one for sale does it look ok please?

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dirlewanger%2001.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	776040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dirlewanger%2002.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	776041  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Except for the vast quantities found at Dachau, this would be a very rare item indeed. Over the years, I believe every Dachau insignia lot I purchased had at least one of these in the group. They were likely popular due to their design as were the Handschar tab. I doubt that any of the soldiers seeking souvenirs would have even known what the Dirlewinger unit was
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Except for the vast quantities found at Dachau, this would be a very rare item indeed. Over the years, I believe every Dachau insignia lot I purchased had at least one of these in the group. They were likely popular due to their design as were the Handschar tab. I doubt that any of the soldiers seeking souvenirs would have even known what the Dirlewinger unit was
    Thanks Bob, makes sense.

Cant say I have ever seen an original

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I kind of figured they were a common Dachau made tab. I don't see them as often as others but I don't think they are particularly rare. I've never seen a worn/removed Dirlwanger tab however. And that might just creep me out.

?

Nick,
    I believe the one you are viewing is an original example. I have been looking to add one of these as well at the right price.
    Best,
    Anzel

?

Nice original example Nick , i have notice how these seem to have come down in price in recent times

?

Nick,
    Did you pick it up?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Nick,
    Did you pick it up?
    Hi Anzel

No I didn't I'm afraid

Nick