Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dirlewanger tunic

Article about: Just saw this on the SS Steel website and thought I'd post a few pics for those who haven't seen it. Most probably know the history of this group, but it's worth a search if you don't. Since

?

Default Dirlewanger tunic

Just saw this on the SS Steel website and thought I'd post a few pics for those who haven't seen it. Most probably know the history of this group, but it's worth a search if you don't. Since it's listed for the price of a new car, maybe we could do a group buy, lol!Dirlewanger tunicDirlewanger tunicDirlewanger tunicDirlewanger tunicDirlewanger tunicDirlewanger tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dirlewanger tunic
    P
    Many

I have no clue how this would even begin to be authenticated, the photos at the time of the tab in wear are very sparse, and I've never seen a tunic removed one, most (nigh on all) seen today came from the piles at Dachau.

I've certainly never seen this form of piped DW tab either. Most men who were in the DW would not wear collar tabs at all, regardless of whether they be the actual cross-rifles tab, or normal runes. A lot of the time Dirlewanger was left to furnish his unit from what he could muster himself from what I've read, beg, borrow and steal, much like the actions of his unit during the early days of their oeprations.

If this is a real one, it's a scary piece of European history, but I have never seen anything it could be referenced against for authentication, and for $16,000, thats a big risk. All the parts might be original, and those with knowledge of those bits may be able to weigh in, but the configuration and the item as a whole is something I've never seen before for sale.

TWS
    ?

There's a big thread over on WAF about this tunic for those who like a little drama with their popcorn.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hi Todd

I’m not on WAF but I’ll look out for the thread tomorrow, I love drama with my popcorn!

?

Here ya go--they don't like it either and also mentioned the piped DW tab:

Dirlewanger Tunic - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums