Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles

Article about: For those interested in insignia details I was glancing through some RZM documents last night and I found this little snippet that serves to clarify the date of the discontinuation of colour

Default Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles

For those interested in insignia details I was glancing through some RZM documents last night and I found this little snippet that serves to clarify the date of the discontinuation of coloured cuff bands.
    d'alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles  
    Last edited by d'alquen; 08-26-2010 at 03:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

Cheers, Ade.

That is interesting. I wonder how long before the change over was complete. I have an 87th Regiment RZM black tunic marked VA 1939. It has the earlier machine embroidered edelweiss collar tab and a red bordered machine embroidered 11 cuff title. Perhaps it took longer for this change in Austria.

Bob Hritz

Thanks for this. I had seen this notice, too. I guess the transition in some cases was never made by certain personages for whatever reason. If you read the other orders, there was a wear out period, and the new and the old insignia were worn concurrently such that the whole thing caused confusion. The order in the face of the confusion we have posted elsewhere. And such changes might well have also taken longer in the Ostmark. Or the uniforms you and I own were so called 2 or 3te Garnitur, i.e. not first order of dress and somehow remained un updated....or who really knows?

Thanks for the further data.

This became this....Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles

The bottom object is most often described as an officer's regimental or company cuff title, while, in fact, it was a post 1937 Sturmband. It is such a small point, but the 2dary literature does not properly account for same, and many extant uniforms as in the Lindau piece here were, in fact, updated or altered, while others plainly were not for whatever reason.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles  

Discontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesDiscontunation of Coloured borders on TitlesCuff titles in their variety.

Typical of the very refined knowledge put here by our members.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Typical of the very refined knowledge put here by our members.
    To whom we all owe a debt of gratitude. There is no other source of its kind.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    To whom we all owe a debt of gratitude. There is no other source of its kind.
    Thanks, Mr. JHAM, you are a major contributor to this signal good!

see below the translation : (hope it is right in english)

Abzeichen der Allgemeinen SS.
    Grosshändler und Einzelhandelgeschäfte melden bis 10. Februar 1938 Ihren derzeitigen Bestand an :
    Kragenspielgeln mit seidenbestickung und Ärlmelstreifen mit farbigen Vorstoss mit seide (... farben...) bezieungsweise mit aluminiumbestickung
    Nach dem 10. februar 1938 eingehende Meldungen können nicht mehr berücksichtigt werden

===================================
    Insignia of the Allgemeine SS.
    Wholesalers and retail outlets sign your current stock until 10 February 1938:
    Collar tabs with silk embroidery and CT with coloured borders with silk (... colors...) or with aluminium embroidery.

After February 10th, 1938 incoming datas can no longer be considered.
    ===================================

At first sight is this a request to know the amount ( stock) of Allg. SS insignia at this date.
    It is of course obvious that this request has a reason, but where is the fact that the previous pattern will be replaced from this date ?
    The text speaks also and includes the insignia with aluminum wire embroidery and border ?

What do you think ?

Thanks
    P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles   Discontunation of Coloured borders on Titles  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast