Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Dot tunic

Article about: I have had this for going on 20 years now and before I put it into short term storage I wanted to photograph it and share it with you folks as well. Cheers Gary

Default Dot tunic

I have had this for going on 20 years now and before I put it into short term storage I wanted to photograph it and share it with you
    folks as well.

Cheers
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dot tunic   Dot tunic  

Dot tunic   Dot tunic  

Dot tunic   Dot tunic  

Dot tunic   Dot tunic  

Dot tunic   Dot tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dot tunic
    P
    Many

AndolfR
    ?

Default Re: Dot tunic

Nice DOT 44!

The officer's boards and NCO's collar patches are a bit of an odd mismatch though.

I was under the impression that the regulations of the time forbid the wearing of any form of insignia on these camo jackets and that they were not even supplied with loops for shoulder boards. It appears your example was field modified to take boards. With all the badges on your tunic, its owner was really pushing the envelope.

Cheers,

AndolfR

Yes the regs weren't allways followed for sure. However, I think that more than a couple of the medal loops were added post war. The thread is different for a couple of the medal loops and I am trying to figure out which are period and which are not. The shoulder board mods are in my opinion period. As are the collar tabs. The boards themselves though were added post war I am positive (they are simply too minty to have been on this tunic during the war) I am not positive about the edelweiss yet. It is attached with a different thread than the collar tabs.

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by AndolfR View Post
    Nice DOT 44!

The officer's boards and NCO's collar patches are a bit of an odd mismatch though.

I was under the impression that the regulations of the time forbid the wearing of any form of insignia on these camo jackets and that they were not even supplied with loops for shoulder boards. It appears your example was field modified to take boards. With all the badges on your tunic, its owner was really pushing the envelope.

Cheers,

AndolfR

AndolfR
    ?

Now that I've taken another look at the jacket, it appears to have a tropical eagle. Am I right or is it the light?

Nope it sure looks like a tropical eagle to me but that I believe is period.