Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?

Article about: Hello, someone offers me those items, claims they are original, but I must say I have strong objections, I think they are fakes made by Janke and good aged. I will be pleased to here Your op

Default Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?

Hello, someone offers me those items, claims they are original, but I must say I have strong objections, I think they are fakes made by Janke and good aged. I will be pleased to here Your oppinions on that subject Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?
    P
    Many

?

Both fakes! Compare to a real one from my collection.Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?

The Wrap must be camo inside

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Not in HBT dot pattern - there the pattern is not printed on the reverse side - only the oak pattern shown on your wrap is printed on both sides but not the dot pattern.

?

Oak pattern printed on both sides. Also used for smocks.Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?

a lot of this stuff was being made in Austria in the 70s,so I am always wary of camo gear.

I know, I saw fakes in Linz in this time!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

It would be interesting to see Pictures of such a copy made in Austria in the 70s. I doubt that they had the possibility back then to made a perfect copy of such a wrap or M-44 jacket. If you look at all the common details used by 3rd Reich mass production of such a garment and if you had handled some genuine examples most of the fakes are easy to spot like the Thread starter. Even without good Pictures it is just a easy to spot it as Fake.

Common Features of such a garment to look for: correct cut of the tunic, correct button holes, correct HBT fabric with correct Color and print, correct sewing technique, Attachement of the hook and eye, double needle stitch sewing lines lockstitch or chainstich, maker and size stamps (not always visible - sometimes faded), sometimes Statni film stamps added in 1951, correct drawstrings (only in wraps), correct lining (only in Pants and M-44 jackets)....

Lebus your example Looks nice and it Looks to be the twin of my oakleaf jacket. I looked at a few other Pictures on your collection thread and the Details are matching to my example.

I think also they might be fakes, but how shall I compare it with your tunic? The stamp is correct, also the construction of it seems to be correct. What did you spot at it?
    Greetings
    Finn

?

The lining is typical fake lining and the HBT weave of the fabric - the V pattern is far to big - look Close at your HBT and compare it to mine - you will notice the difference.

The Overall look of the fabric is odd - if you look at this aged fakes you can see that the boarders of the fabric start to get White like a washed out jean or something like that - if you look at well worn genuine jackets you will see the difference. Both of my jackets are well worn (not mint).

There are a lot of other Features to Point out but as said better Pictures would be helpfull.

Dot tunic und Panzerwrap, real or?