MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dream and reality of black tunics.

Article about: Yes i know this, but when a very big amount of tunics are being fed into the marked, i figure the border between genuine and restored are being somewhat transperent over time. The way collec

Default Dream and reality of black tunics.

Here is an image of a stripped, but quite authentic black tunic as found in Europe, likely ex Lenfilm or Mosfilm. As a rule these are then decorated once more and sold as original. Most efforts in this direction are mediocre. Some are more refined, but such is the exception. Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.

- - Updated - -

Dream and reality of black tunics.By contrast, here is such an item in its complete, original condition, that is not found in a film company. NOTE: These are two entirely different items of similar origin, but very different posture. One went to the USSR from where ever in Germany, and another likely went from Bavaria or somewhere into the hands of the U.S. soldier and then to Bruce Herman.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-05-2012 at 03:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dream and reality of black tunics.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Dream and reality of black tunics.

Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.The issue in all of this lies in the skill to tell the difference. The top images are rather more revealing and honest of many items in play, which since the end of the 1980s fundamentally changed the black foetid woolen game with this large supply of authentic items from film costume houses in the ex USSR and Warsaw Pact realm.
    Today these have all mostly been restored, to varying degrees of authenticity.

- - Updated - -

I make this comparison not to increase the paranoia of the seeker, but merely to share some revealing images that speak to the way this material evolves over time.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I make this comparison not to increase the paranoia of the seeker, but merely to share some revealing images that speak to the way this material evolves over time.
    Yet at the same time, I think it wise not disparage the current effort of forgery . . .

In this day and age . . . burying one's head in the sand to how advanced the effort has become . . . would be far more damaging . . . than to succumb to the current state of paranoia of which you are sounding the alarm to . . .

Whether we want to admit so . . . or not . . . we are . . . truly doomed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dream and reality of black tunics.  

Thank you for the above. I surely do not want to make others paranoid, since it is generalized.

The uniform in question was improved with fake buttons, easily detected, as well as collar cord and collar patches, also more or less easily detected by skilled eyes.

The only thing in all of this is diligence and keen observation, as well as seeking wise advice when it is warranted.

Moreover, a person today can avail themselves via this website of pretty wise counsel.

and a pretty good price, to boot.

and the tunic in question is authentic, not intact, as it were.

After the collapse of the Soviet Empire, known collector and dealer George Petersen found several hundred stripped black tunics in Russia. They were part of the huge hoard of material he found and purchased in the early days of the new Russia when cash was king.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

sometimes you have to be objective and realize that we do not live in a dream world and that we can be satisfied, happily, also found a black jacket without insigna or buttons and simply restored with proper insignas. Then if you are among the lucky few who can afford to buy or find jackets untouched ... Well, good collecting. I am part of the other part of the world that does not believe in fairy tales, buy at the right price and knowing that in 50 years very few will wonder if the button SS RZM was there from the beginning or 30 years.
    As in all areas of collectibles, including military

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    After the collapse of the Soviet Empire, known collector and dealer George Petersen found several hundred stripped black tunics in Russia. They were part of the huge hoard of material he found and purchased in the early days of the new Russia when cash was king.
    So there are several hundred professional restored Black tunics out there today? Just have to ask since this was the first thing that came into my head. If so, then it could be difficult to see which is untouched, and which is restored. We are talking of very much money in play here.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Thank you.

- - Updated - -

Quote by TrondK View Post
    So there are several hundred professional restored Black tunics out there today? Just have to ask since this was the first thing that came into my head. If so, then it could be difficult to see which is untouched, and which is restored. We are talking of very much money in play here.
    Most of these are easily spotted, actually. The phrase "professionally restored" overstates the situation, I think.

Some of these are, but one can still determine same fairly easily.

Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Lest there be no misunderstanding, the posting on the maroon insanity site of this piece in its original state prompted me to contrast one of these stripped tunics in its virginal state with a complete, original piece with all its badges. Those of you can respond to this contrast in whatever way you please, surely.

Frequently these Lenfilm/Mosfilm pieces are already redecorated two decades after their appearance in the U.S. and elsewhere, making it more difficult to distinguish. Also, the Russian origin pieces became the template for well made fakes retailed from no. Germany and elsewhere, which add a further level of complexity for the beginner.

The photograph from Manion's is of an intact ensemble, which in my experience is hardly a dream, but an expensive reality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast