Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early allg ss leather visor

Article about: Very true, as well. I wish I had my original Wellhausen cap. It was a very nice cap.

Default Early allg ss leather visor

I present an early allg visor i like so much... unfortunately, is not exactly a stock fund but perhaps it was this feature to make me fall in love with the headgear.

Let's start to date it around 1934, and in context, for the less experienced, a private bill out of the circuit RZM cause... it didn't exist at the time.

The first thing that catches the eye is the leather visor "reinforced" particularly thick, but this hat has many interesting features.
    The short list who our beloved super expert FB could fill with a lot of interesting notice:

1 insignas particularly "early" with the Prussian type tk
    2 tk pins covered with the same fabric as the lining to ensure as little hassle .. this indicates insigna are there since the first day.
    3 the owner, to give form to the bad hat applied above the eagle a black wire to create a survey in the area of ​​the eagle
    4 marks indicate internal waterproof and comfortable fit Patented
    5 the character of the writing and how to sew the sweatband band of black velvet with little doubt suggest the manufacturer PEKURO
    6 the chinstrap from the feeling of having been added later because the rivets start the cracks in the rim inside, especially if you hold it in your hand to simulate the insertion of the chinstrap is easily seen that the broken circle are due to the pressure exerted on the rivets
    7 said this ... one can not speak of a real crusher because prior to the mod. 38 with fees set by collectors to alter art. In fact, in my opinion, has been built and adapted by the owner for an aggressive look inspired by schirmmuetze of GREAT War then disappears with the establishment of the institute RZM.
    8, the cap has been "restored" in my opinion all vintage: for restoration mean reinforcements, stitching on the sides of the visor, reinforcement stitching on hemmed neck.

The great thing about this hat is that it lends itself to discussions and studies ... sorry about my poor english
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early allg ss leather visor   Early allg ss leather visor  

Early allg ss leather visor   Early allg ss leather visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early allg ss leather visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early allg ss leather visor

the black thread Early allg ss leather visor on the upper left it's easy to spot, less the right one cause internal thread is broken. probably it not rexist to aging.

?

I believe that FB is travelling at the moment so you'll have to make do with my input, sorry about that.

This is a most interesting hat, most certainly a Pekuero as the silver markings on the lining and velvet strip around the sweatband suggest. Followers of the science will know that the RZM forbid makers marks at a certain time (I forget the exact date, 33 ish?) but had still to re-enforce that rule until later. The Mitteilungsblatt der RZM, as FB has pointed out numerous times, struggled with this rule and constantly harangued their approved suppliers to adhere to it. This Pekuero seems to me to be an item that falls in the 33-34 date bracket where the confusion was still evident because all though the Pekuero name is missing, the obvious trade marks and style of font still remain..i.e. Wasserdicht, Stirndruckfrei.

When you study later caps, many of course were still produced by the Pekuero firm but such markings had disappeared replaced by unmarked interiors besides the SS Runes and RZM tags with the hersteller code,

Dear Ben... you'll be always wellcome in my topics... and i will always proud to have your opionion on my items!

?

Thank you sir.

I have very little doubt that Pekuero also made this cap and as you can see, managed to advertise their wares without actualy mentioning the Pekuero name! I'm sure that everyone during the period who bought such items were well aware who made it though!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early allg ss leather visor   Early allg ss leather visor  

Early allg ss leather visorThis cap is also of similar make, but I do not have a good image of the interior.
    I have seen Kupper SS kepis, as well as Kupper SA kepis, also.
    Ben includes a nice image of my cap, which is in the Hayes book. It is also like a Kupper cap, as in PK. It was contracted for by the SS Gruppe West, an antedelluvian organization that was later forbidden to procure its own uniforms locally. Kupper was in western Germany, of course.
    The black enlisted cap in the Ulrich Woodhams book is also a Kupper cap, in fact.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-10-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Please note my theories many of which are grounded in facts: The RZM existed more or less as of 1928. The requirement to mark headwear emerged in 1933-4 with tags; the RFSS approved regime emerged in mid 1934; the logos were phased out in 1935.

- - Updated - -

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thank you sir.

I have very little doubt that Pekuero also made this cap and as you can see, managed to advertise their wares without actualy mentioning the Pekuero name! I'm sure that everyone during the period who bought such items were well aware who made it though!
    This is my hat, by the way.

Early allg ss leather visorEarly allg ss leather visorEarly allg ss leather visorThe broken press board frame is not untypical. The means whereby the lining has been sewn is also seen in other early caps, in fact.

Thanks for adding your material. These early caps are a special interest of mine and I am glad they get some notice.

?

This here is a total revalation!

Want a leather peak? no problem, that will be 0.30 RM extra.

Hand embroidered Muetzenhoheitsazeichen? that's 3 RM extra! not cheap, the whole cap without one was only 10.60 RM, amazingly good value!

It also makes complete nonsense of the value we now place on metal skulls and eagles which during the period were only about 0.40 RM each.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early allg ss leather visor  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast