Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons

Article about: Hi Guys, would like to draw on your good collective knowledge if that is ok? Would any of you have some good images of original buttons for the silver braided chin strap on the back ss visor

Default Re: Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons

The luminaries elsewhere could not remotely understand the things. They are doing hand stands of ignorance, in fact.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-12-2013 at 08:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons
    P
    Many

?

Another cap button for those interested. This is a splinted version attached to an earlier EM/NCO cap which has then been upgraded to an officer variant. I wish I had others to share but this will have to do for now.

Thank you FB for your intervention here and passing on some valuable knowledge, information that very few have or are willing to share, to members of our little community.

Regards,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Another cap button for those interested. This is a splinted version attached to an earlier EM/NCO cap which has then been upgraded to an officer variant. I wish I had others to share but this will have to do for now.

Thank you FB for your intervention here and passing on some valuable knowledge, information that very few have or are willing to share, to members of our little community.

Regards,

CMH

Thanks, dear colleague, your images are very pleasing, as well. The wanderer in the firmament can only marvel at the treasures we post, but usually the response is utter silence, save for a handful of souls.

I cannot photograph my material more than I have, and I do not pull the things apart, either.....

I will try to find an image of the sew on alu button. What I deem to be early caps, i.e. 1932-1936 have a variety of such buttons.

Many thanks Friedrich you have cleared the matter up entirely, I wasn’t sure if the NCO's were different from commissioned officers aside the color. As with all these things I also see a number of possibilities.

Yes I did the vanishing act as way attending to other things! Again I admire your devotion and generosity in these posts.

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsGood luck.

Thanks again, nice detail on the rear of the buttons this is indeed what I was looking for.

2 buttons more...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons   Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons  

Very nice buttons and nice cap, too.

The reverse of buttons are either unmarked, or, in the later variety, have SS RZM marks, ca. 1937 or 1938.....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Very nice buttons and nice cap, too.

The reverse of buttons are either unmarked, or, in the later variety, have SS RZM marks, ca. 1937 or 1938.....
    Thanks Friedrich !

indeed unmarked I guess, or perhaps only RZM marked... I did not remove the chinstrap to verify, too tight...
    Last edited by Pascal BERNHARD; 05-13-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast