Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.

Article about: Here are images that appeared on the maroon madness site, and though I do not like to engage in this shock and awe thingy, these images are of some didactic purpose. In case any doubt obtain

Default early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.

Here are images that appeared on the maroon madness site, and though I do not like to engage in this shock and awe thingy, these images are of some didactic purpose. early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.

In case any doubt obtains, this cap is a fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.
    P
    Many

Default Re: early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.

all the quality with all this junk is shocking me, there is no knowledge needed to spot such stuff.
    Same with this blk tunic set incl. "dieser Engstirnigkeit" of the owners.

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.Compare the above with these images.

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.What is amusing is that the thing is made of a mixture of real and amended parts, the most striking of which is the addition of the gold leaf runic to the lining of a real cap. This must have been done by hand...!

- - Updated - -

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.It should look like this, actually.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    all the quality with all this junk is shocking me, there is no knowledge needed to spot such stuff.
    Same with this blk tunic set incl. "dieser Engstirnigkeit" of the owners.
    Robert, you and I have advantages that others do not, for there must be a large population of naive persons who are trapped by these things, not the least because of our pictures.
    Engstirnigkeit is likely a sin of which I am guilty, actually.
    The chap with the bozo black uniform on the other site, which I also posted, does not seem to grasp facts.....
    The facts are brutal.

are you saying that it is probalbly not a reall ss visor if they only want 1200?

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.The shape of the cap cover is also incorrect for a true early cap, though there are exceptions.
    The piping is not rendered as in an original.

Quote by tarvin890 View Post
    are you saying that it is probalbly not a reall ss visor if they only want 1200?
    Price is not always the determining factor. Competent knowledge of the various shapes found in the progression of the cap, the insignia that would go with that shape and what proper construction is. With this knowledge, any student would see all of the faults of this cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Price is not always the determining factor. Competent knowledge of the various shapes found in the progression of the cap, the insignia that would go with that shape and what proper construction is. With this knowledge, any student would see all of the faults of this cap.
    Thanks for making my point better than I was able to do so.

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.One other aspect about an early cap, that is, prior to the end of 1935, say, is that these were often of "Tuch," versus Trikotage,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast