Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early lssah officer title.

Article about: Offtop: Just interesting that there no sources deshipher the paper tags with the lettering codes: A- Jacquard embroidery (BeVo like) B-Machine embroidery and machine wowen insignia ( as a cu

?

Default Early lssah officer title.

Just found this scarce title.
    It is an early LAH officer with white thread borders, and in "oversized" suttewrlin script.
    White thread was in general usage pre 1935, and I believe this title could be as early as late 1933, any further info would be appreciated.
    Have posted some photos of the standard leter officer title for comparison 1935-1945.
    Peter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early lssah officer title.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early lssah officer title.

Astonishing piece of regalia. Thanks for sharing it with us and congratulations. I forwarded your images to a mutual acquaintance known to you with a large and often published collection of not unlike items. Viel Sammlerglueck.

Colleague Hritz is our master of these things, too.

The French Heimdal picture books on the LAH have as many early published archival photos as I know. One easily sees this insignia in wear from the moment the cuff title is instituted ca 1933. The film Sieg des Glaubens shows the march past of the LAH at Nuremberg, with the cuff title in wear in Sept 1933, does it not? The film is now in You Tube and the scene is towards the end.

A wonderful and original example.

Bob Hritz

Hi Peter, thanks for sharing it with us. Great to see.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I did not think that there any font regulations.
    As I've been search for any of the information about the fonts regulations I've found a very limited info about that. Most part of the early cufftitles has been made with cardboard templates. Mid late war was usually made with using metal stenciled forms, if produced by RZM, but I've heard that some examples was made using drawing over the cufftitle and then applied embroidery. Privately purchased cufftitles was used all the variants, exclude the stencils- due the stencils was ordered by RZM producers only. I didn't know if that information is correct. But there no any available information about that. To me the font looks more like it was used on the superrior examples with the bullion wire
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

wow,,,what a catch,,,thanks for sharing,,,Robert

?

Dimas,
    I don't know of any regulations regarding size of font, only style of fonts.
    My assumption of age is largely based on other examples, the 1934 SS pricelist, and particularly an example in my collection, part of a named grouping, with service records,
    of a white edged silver embroidered officer which the owner would have worn circa 1934, after which he changed regiments.
    I may be incorrect in assuming the LAH title is for an officer, as it may have been worn by other ranks on the black service uniform at this time.
    Peter.

?

Even a embroidered version can be worn by Mannschaft too, depends of how fat is his wallet.
    Anyway is a rare example for collection.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by peter View Post
    Dimas,
    I don't know of any regulations regarding size of font, only style of fonts.
    My assumption of age is largely based on other examples, the 1934 SS pricelist, and particularly an example in my collection, part of a named grouping, with service records,
    of a white edged silver embroidered officer which the owner would have worn circa 1934, after which he changed regiments.
    I may be incorrect in assuming the LAH title is for an officer, as it may have been worn by other ranks on the black service uniform at this time.
    Peter.
    Dear Sir, Wim Saris posted a great deal of primary source material on cuff titles in the era 1932ff. on the World War site. You might well write to him. In any case, this is a nice piece and very intriguing to be sure. I am also certain that the documentary evidence to explain many of these pieces simply does not exist and never did. The Saris material makes clear how confused the SS people were by their own regulations, and I think that an SS man in the era of less stringent regulation could have insignia made without three layers of bureaucracy. After all, such cottage trade embroiderers would have been well represented in a metropole like Berlin, with its tradition of uniform tailoring and high concentration of trades associated with same. The interesting thing is that flag makers also made these cuff titles, or embroidered them, i.e. Fahnen Fleck.

?

The big firms who got contracts from RZM could make a wide selection of items. As for example LAGO has made from headgeear till the ammo pouches and leather parts for helmet liners. As also the one of the producers of headgear C Wagner, made the leather sweatbands for the other small factories which produces contract visor hats.
    As I heard that some of the period insignia has been made by small firms - they gave materials- templates - wool- tread to the local famers, who has experience in the hand embroidery, and they make the insignia at home, then the vendor is just make a trip over a month and collect the insignia which was done. I don't know if it's a true...
    But I did not see nothing strange if some firms produce the flags , armbands and cufftitles, due of all this items was classified as insignia
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast