Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS armband

Article about: by Larry C or this could be a n SA armband with black sewn borders. I have never encountered a bevo example of a kampfbinde. That, of course, does not mean that they did not exist. The cotto

Default Early SS armband

hi all was wondering if someone could help me please, is this authentic?
    thank you
    James

sellers description- " Nice early bevo swaz, cotton SS armband (possibly for the early SS brown shirt), a few stains around the back and front and a small pin hole to the right of the swaz "
    $250 posted worldwide

Early SS armbandEarly SS armbandEarly SS armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS armband
    P
    Many

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Early SS armband

Hi mate sorry I can't help you with authenticity... But I must say I am shocked to see someone from Merimbula on the forum!! I grew up and went to school down your way!!

Welcome to the forum

Cheers Luke.

hey luke
    im not a local moved here about four years ago my partner is, not much has changed from what she tells me lol small town syndrome still

cheers
    James

Hi James,,by the type of stitching I see of the inside of the armband it looks good,, wait for other opinions. I do encourage you to read through our many threads. There is a wealth of knowledge with some of the members here and the photos also say much to answer many questions. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

or this could be a n SA armband with black sewn borders.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

AIF
    ?

Quote by James3567 View Post
    hey luke
    im not a local moved here about four years ago my partner is, not much has changed from what she tells me lol small town syndrome still

cheers
    James
    Yeah I was down there a few years ago not a lot has changed since the 1990's... Beautiful part of the country to live though mate

I don't think there are too many militaria collectors down that way either which is good news for you... (I never met a single collector in 15 years) Which was good as It meant more for me and I used to find a hell of a lot of gear down there locally

Hey Luke
    Not much down here you must of cleaned them all out lol people seem to be pretty close minded down here when it comes to this stuff never seen German military for sale sometimes a few Aussie items now and then

Hi Larry
    thanks for the info, have looked but couldnt find much might of been looking in the wrong places tho, thanks tho would you know how much one of these is worth? or if its worth the $250 the seller is asking

Early SS armbandEarly SS armbandWe have included images of the cotton armband for the brown shirt here. I think your object is real, but I am not sure. The Collector's Guild in Canada has examples, as do other U.S. dealers. The cotton brassard is not as costly as the woolen one, especially the earlier woolen one with the black woven tags and such.....

Thankyou Friedrich

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast