Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early SS Armband Opinions Please

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Do let me say this to you all: one criterion that is essential to me is the smell in the cotton of the dye, which, since there is no smell o vision, it is impossible to

Default Re: Early SS Armband Opinions Please

Maybe our great expert, Mr. d'Alquen has an image of the era prior to the regularization of this insignia of just such an irregular brassard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Armband Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Sorry. I hate to bear bad news. Again, the only real way to know is to examine it. Surely the early SS used very crude insignia, but the profusion of fake brassards is well registered in the firmament. Old cotton is distinct, has a special odor, and shows age in a special way. However, the crooks also recycle old cotton, too......real shifty.
    We have had an upswing of mayhem recently.
    Frierich, I am a person who selling this armband and I never try to sell fakes as original. This armband was discussed on WA and forum gave me OK. I hope you not calling me "crooks" in this situation. After your first post which stated it is a fake, now you back up and try to say it's need be more examine. How good opinion is it?

Your armband is likely fake.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote by andrei1774 View Post
    Frierich, I am a person who selling this armband and I never try to sell fakes as original. This armband was discussed on WA and forum gave me OK. I hope you not calling me "crooks" in this situation. After your first post which stated it is a fake, now you back up and try to say it's need be more examine. How good opinion is it?
    Who are you to question me, actually? I made no statement about you as a person, I was asked to comment on an historical article, which I think is likely fake. Who are you to put words in my mouth?
    Why do you think anyone here will take you seriously especially if you refer to this other forum and brazenly come here to wreak havoc?
    Your behavior here bespeaks hardly the kind of character and bearing in which anyone can have any faith.
    Finally, don't start things here that you cannot finish.
    Give this man his money back.

Quote by andrei1774 View Post
    FB never 'backed up', just suggested we look at period
    variants.

Andrei, you need to refund the OP his money.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    FB never 'backed up', just suggested we look at period
    variants.

Andrei, you need to refund the OP his money.........!
    Thank you, colleague. This kind of malarkey belongs elsewhere.

Andrei it is obvious that the opinion from the other site left some doubts,, and WRF member Rob has every right to a second opinion. I suggest for yourself that you gain some credibility here first before you attack one of our members with your very first post on this forum since 2011. Be careful!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Andrei it is obvious that the opinion from the other site left some doubts,, and WRF member Rob has every right to a second opinion. I suggest for yourself that you gain some credibility here first before you attack one of our members with your very first post on this forum since 2011. Be careful!!
    Thank you, dear colleague.

Gentlemen I must say that Andrei was actually quite gracious about the whole thing on my end and has reimbursed my funds without either the slightest hesitation or dispute.

I truly do appreciate the assistance from all concerned here.

Now, I'm off to hunt down and bag a genuine SS armband for my fledgling collection.

Thanks again gents.

Quote by Rob Jones View Post
    Gentlemen I must say that Andrei was actually quite gracious about the whole thing on my end and has reimbursed my funds without either the slightest hesitation or dispute.

I truly do appreciate the assistance from all concerned here.

Now, I'm off to hunt down and bag a genuine SS armband for my fledgling collection.

Thanks again gents.
    Thank you. Bruce Herman has one for sale, as does Bill Shea. That is, a cotton one.
    We have many, many real arm bands here, mostly of wool in great variety and detail.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast