Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Early SS Black Visor

Article about: Hello all, any opinions for this one? Its from WAF. link Thx and best all

Default Re: Early SS Black Visor

Dear Ben, this cap is that of Bob Hritz. Shea had one like it. I own another for an officer with "Elegant" on the diamond. I have no images of said cap. It came with an SD uniform made in FFM in 1939. There surely existed such caps, with or without tags. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Black Visor
    P
    Many

?

Apologies to Bob for posting without consent. I truly couldn't remember where I'd gotten the images from. What date would you put the cap FB? It seems to be made from the earlier used melton type wool.

I do not think that friend Hritz would object to our re posting his treasures. I think once we post these things and admit that we own them, they are free to float through the internet on their airy little wings.

The cap from Shea is also of the same melton cloth. I have no idea of the date. The uniform and cap on the Shea site was from about 1936 ish, I think, but I never saw the uniform in reality.

I think this cap of Hritz is with a uniform, too, actually.

Maybe it is of the same era as the cap from Mueller I have illustrated above.

I do not know.

This is the cap of Shea's that is essentially a twin of Hritz's piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early SS Black Visor 

Here is the uniform associated with this cap, from the Baltic. It sold a little less than two years ago.

No apologies necessary, for posting my hat. We are all here to learn about these things we collect, and cannot do so whgithout becomming familiar with authentic pieces.

Bob Hritz

Thank you for your generosity. You are a pillar of these on-line associations where knowledge versus prestige is the categorical imperative. Also, there is such infrequent authentic material of a really noteworthy nature on other sites now that the beginner is lost without a solid foundation of useful images of real material. Finally, the cut throat and puberty laden spirit that obtains on other sites is a real deterrent to sensible and sane people showing their treasures.

Hence, thanks again and happy head wear.

There was an article today in the New York Times about the decision of the Bundesarchiv to put the hundred thousand images in the Wikimedia site. We have all profited from this event and it has enabled our work here quite a bit, I think. One of the official goals was to identify better the locales, personalities and events in the images themselves, a fact which speaks to the recognition of the voluntary and informed community of which we are a part. The value of this community is exterminated, however, when the power of technology enables the innere Schweinehund to surrender to the seven deadly sins as happened or still happens on other websites.

Happy head wear and happy Stirndrueckfrei durch Gummipolster

Viz:

?

Thanks Bob, much appreciated, it's a lovely example.

Interesting info on the Bundesarchiv images, thanks FB. Looking through these will keep me out of trouble for a while!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast