Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Early SS Black Visor

Article about: Hello all, any opinions for this one? Its from WAF. link Thx and best all

Default Early SS Black Visor

Hello all,

any opinions for this one? Its from WAF.

link

Thx and best all
    Attached Images Attached Images Early SS Black Visor  Early SS Black Visor  Early SS Black Visor  Early SS Black Visor  Early SS Black Visor 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Black Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early SS Black Visor

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS Black Visor   Early SS Black Visor  

Early SS Black Visor   Early SS Black Visor  

Early SS Black Visor  

Crucial to this piece is the woolen fabric, which in nearly all cases conforms to a certain specific type. I cannot immediately see this detail in these images. The cap could well be authentic. One other thing that forms a question mark in my mind is the board Unterlage of the cap band.

These early caps surely had ventilation holes, 4 Stueck, in fact.

The absence of RZM marks does not automatically disqualify a cap that may have been made prior to the requirement to mark items.

The cap might well be real, but I would reserve an iron clad assessment until I could spend a half an hour with the thing under magnification.

Happy Headwear.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early SS Black Visor 

Some further data as orientation....this cap was illustrated in the Hayes book on SS regalia.

Please contrast the appearance of the woolen textile in the 1st post here versus N.4 by me. My post shows the appearance of the wool as I would like it, but then, in the case of the cap in my post, the piece is in a very fine state of preservation. In the cap I have posted I am not absolutely sure the badges are original to the cap to the era, but this is a secondary point.

Thus, to my Moravian friend, one can only tell with these things by actually looking at them, and then only closely.

Others who look in here can also contribute from their considerable experience.

This cap here, though heavily worn, still has the same cap cover and woolen cap band as the piece in post n. 4. The cap on the far left, by contrast, is an especially nice Trikot.

Happy headwear.

The cap in the post above has a worn version of this interior pictured here. This cap survived in an extraordinary state of preservation. The cap at the beginning of this thread has a generic logo. I believe that the runic embellishment seen here emerged in late 1934, but I cannot prove this statement with documentation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS Black Visor  

just superb caps....I am jealous....

Thank you. The caps in posts n. 3 & 7 are not mine. I have one similar to that in post 7, illustrated here. I tried to buy the cap and uniform in post 7 at a knocked down price several years back, but failed. P Jenkins was in search of it a few years ago. It is a Kupper/Pekuero. The competition for limited material is pretty intense.

Happy headdress.

?

I don't see anything obviously out of place concerning the first cap but as FB has said, half an hour's company with it would be useful just to be sure.
    Let's just say for arguements sake that it's real. I'd say that makes it an extremely rare cap, likewise the Pekuro cap with sig runes. Actually, I think the Pekuro cap is exceptional. I've never seen another with runes and the makers pressure free forehead text both together.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast